New System Setup

First off… I’m loving the freedom of setting up my own system and handling all this myself - you guys rock!

Three issues/questions I’m hoping you can help me with:

(1) I have a z-wave light I deleted (Node 6) and re-added (Node 12) to my system. The Qolsys IQ 2 Panel picked up the change and I can control the light from my panel, but the ADC interface hasn’t reflected the change. I’m thinking the issue is they were both named “Office” (although I changed the old “Office” to “Office 2” before adding the new light and deleting the old one). How do I push the change to ADC?

(2) If I have two lamps each with z-wave bulbs I want to be controlled as one, is that possible? So far, I’ve got a GE controller (14280) with two plugs that is working as a solution, but can I group lights? I’m sure setting up scenes would work too, but it’s a bit complicated to trigger a scene just to turn on a light.

(3) I got the Qolsys IQ TILT to let me know when my family leaves the garage door open. When I hooked it up, it seems it was grouped with the sensors that trigger the alarm… so when we’d come home at night and opened the garage door, I set off the alarm if I wasn’t inside to turn off the alarm in 30 seconds. I changed the group from “10” to “25”… will this setting simply let me know the sensor is open when I set the alarm as opposed to triggering an alarm event?

Thanks!

Happy to help!

1) I have a z-wave light I deleted (Node 6) and re-added (Node 12) to my system. The Qolsys IQ 2 Panel picked up the change and I can control the light from my panel, but the ADC interface hasn’t reflected the change. I’m thinking the issue is they were both named “Office” (although I changed the old “Office” to “Office 2” before adding the new light and deleting the old one). How do I push the change to ADC?

Sometimes it takes a bit of time to sync changes, other times the system needs a push. I sent commands to resync your equipment list and it appears the device has been removed. Sometimes running a cell test locally at the panel can do this for you.

Separately, when done adding/deleting z-wave devices, its a good idea to run a network rediscovery to ensure the best possible communication path for your mesh network.

(2) If I have two lamps each with z-wave bulbs I want to be controlled as one, is that possible? So far, I’ve got a GE controller (14280) with two plugs that is working as a solution, but can I group lights? I’m sure setting up scenes would work too, but it’s a bit complicated to trigger a scene just to turn on a light.

You can do this remotely via groups or scenes. Groups can be managed via the Light Card on your ADC account page. Click the arrow on the top right of the card and then select manage groups. You can pick and choose which enrolled lights/switches are controlled via the group.

(3) I got the Qolsys IQ TILT to let me know when my family leaves the garage door open. When I hooked it up, it seems it was grouped with the sensors that trigger the alarm… so when we’d come home at night and opened the garage door, I set off the alarm if I wasn’t inside to turn off the alarm in 30 seconds. I changed the group from “10” to “25”… will this setting simply let me know the sensor is open when I set the alarm as opposed to triggering an alarm event?

Correct, group 25 is non-reporting. It will notify you of activity but will not generate an alarm.