New Service Issues

When I attempted to perform a cell test last night it said cell phone test and nothing else came up on the screen. I had to power down the panel again to get it off of that screen.

That actually sounds like a Q91 issue.

Before trying anything else, enter installer toolbox and select “System Configuration”

Go to Q91. Make sure it is set at (1).

A blank cell test likely means this Q was inadvertently changed.

Okay. I will go home shortly and check into that.

Inside of the control panel

Control-Panel-Inside.jpg

Thank you, there are no wired sensors directly connected to the control panel, which means if there are wired sensors on the doors, they would be fed into a TAKE-345 in all likelihood.

Can you resize the photo of the door sensors from earlier and repost?

I specifically call this out because from the sensor list it looks like you tried to reprogram the two doors as wired zones. Those wired zones in the panel are for HW1 and HW2 terminals, which are not being used.

TAKE-345 zones would be wireless zones.

You’ll want to verify what those sensor wires are connected to and where the TAKE (or other wireless sensors acting as transmitters) are.

Any luck on Q91?

One more thing to check:

From the image it looks like this panel is using the small 2G cell antenna which fits inside the panel’s side housing. This should not be used for 3G modules. The 3G modules come with an in-wall antenna which should be connected instead.

Back Door

Door Frame

Back Door Open

I just submitted the pictures I took of my back door and the inside of the control panel on yesterday. There was not a Take-345 anywhere so I am even more confused. As far as the antenna is concerned, the panel as it is right now is what was there when I moved in 2 years ago. I never touched it until the police started going door to door in my subdivision to let us know of an increase in break-ins. So what should I do about the antenna?

Back Door

Alright, well you have the odd scenario actually. They are using a DW10 wireless sensor as a transmitter for a wired sensor. That is fine, just uncommon.

These will be programmed as wireless DW10 contacts using Loop 1.

There would be no TAKE-345 in this scenario.

I think I FINALLY have it. I have changed the batteries on all of the sensors that were reading low. I changed Q91 back to 1. I entered the sensors on the doors as wireless DW10 contacts using Loop 1. Now both sensors show closed (no longer open). Thank you guys for being patient. I hope this is the end of my issues. I did order a door sensor for the door that leads out into my garage since this is the door I use to enter and exit my house on a regular basis. It should be here in a few days.

Glad to hear! It does look like communication is back and functioning. Let us know if you have any other questions!