New Qolsys panel coming in 2015?

Your memory is correct, we were expecting word on a release date to become available soon. I will inquire with Qolsys.

Qolsys update 1.4.2 is scheduled to be officially released on January 13, 2015. This means if you have automatic updates selected, or if you manually update via internet on the panel, you should be good to go on that day. More good news, however, is that 1.4.2 is now available on soft release.

Before 1/13/15 you can get the software update (release notes, etc won’t be available until the official release date) one of two ways.

The first way is to have your dealer manually push it. If you’re a suretyDIY client, email us at customerservice@suretyDIY.com or during business hours Live Chat us via the website and request that we push 1.4.2 to your IQ panel.

The second way allows you to make the update yourself at the panel by updating using a patch tag. Instructions are as follows:

- Make sure the panel is connected to WIFI
- Go to Settings>Installation>Upgrade Software
- Scroll to "Patch Tag" and enter the following patch: systest142
- Scroll up and click on "Upgrade Using Network”
- The panel should download the 1.4.2 software
- After it downloads click “OK” and the panel will reboot

If you run into any trouble, let us know here.

So I was able to get the patch tag to download. Definitely helps the keypad lag issue. One thing to note if anyone else does it. While most settings stay intact, it did disable dual path communication. I thought at first it was just reaction time was slower, but then checked and saw it was off. Once I turned it back on, response time when back to the usual < 2 seconds. I haven’t dug through yet to see if any other settings reverted.

I got the patch to download too and really didnt notice any difference. It is interesting that Moebius mentioned the keypad lagging because I was looking forward to that and mine is just as slow as is was before.

That is really the only complaint I have about it, other than the keypad lagging, I love the unit.

I didnt check the dual path communications and will make sure I re-enable it.

I also wouldnt mind seeing bypass on glassbreaks, seems silly not to have that. It could have been updated for all I know and I havent checked it after this update.

Is there a list of update notes?

Sorry, I just saw that the release notes wont be available until official release :slight_smile:

Interesting, definitely helped the keypad issue for me. There is a tiny bit left, but where before I could enter all 4 digits before the system reacted to the first press, now the lag is about an eighth of a second.

Release notes for Qolsys’ 1.4.2 firmware update for the IQ Panel are now available here.

I noticed that after I upgraded to the new firmware, I am starting to have problems with my panels. The “Cellular Test” is hit or miss. Sometimes everything goes well and other times the cellular test times out. Also, my Alarm.com app sometimes does not connect with my panel. I receive the message “We could not verify that your command was received successfully. You may have to resend your command”. I never had issues prior to the update. I have rebooted my panel several times and I know that my phone app is not the issue because my wife’s phone has the same problem. Nevertheless, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the alarm.com app just in case. Is there anyway to downgrade to the previous version? I never had issues before. These issues defeat the purpose of having a cellular alarm system if the connection to the monitoring station is unreliable.

I know this is in a Qolsys thread, but so I know, what panel model are you referring to? And what update version?

I have a Qolsys Rev E with software version Q1.4.2-ADCS 4.1-ADCL 4.1

After further research the issue seems to definitely be related to my cellular connection. If I go to the “About” screen, the cellular connection toggles between “connected”, “idle” and "trying to connect. However, I don’t know if this is a software issue or a hardware issue. Prior to the software update I never had these issues. So I leaning towards a software issue. Is there anyway to verify this?

I am unaware of any signalling issues brought upon by any Qolsys release. Often, signalling issues can be influenced by the cell provider such as by tower maintenance.

Where is your panel located? Is it where it has always been installed?

Also, have you connected your panel to your wifi and taken advantage of the IP backup? Qolsys 1.42 allows Dual Path communication, which would help cover you while you troubleshoot.

If you are a suretyDIY customer, you can email customerservice@suretyDIY.com and let us know the issue and account. This will let us use direct troubleshooting on your panel signal as well as the ability to get Qolsys involved, looking into panel logs for possible firmware errors.

If you are not a suretyDIY customer, you will want to contact your dealer so they can upload those panel logs to Qolsys and troubleshoot directly.

I just got a new IQ Panel and it is Rev F. What has been changed with this release?

Can you tell me the RFPIC# from your “About” section?

8.2-G

8.2 adds tested Qolsys compatibility for the Interlogix Indoor Wireless Pet Immune SAW PIR.

However, more importantly, I’ve been told that this is the first RFPIC Version made to be field-upgradeable, so now the RFPIC version can be upgraded by the user the same as the panel firmware so that all new compatibility additions are available to users.

Been lurking for a while. Let me begin by saying, I love the Qolsys panel and the guys I’ve worked with at Qolsys are great too.

I’ve been using a Qolsys IQ panel since September of last year. The biggest bugs I’ve noticed are related to sensor reliability and z-wave. I have a mix of older GE/Interlogix sensors and Ion Digital Micro sensors. Having used Alarm.com panels for nearly 10 years now dating back to the Simon 3, I never had problems with sensor signaling. I installed my Qolsys panel is the exact same location as the 3 or 4 GE panels lived before it and immediately none of the Ion Digital sensors worked. I’ve worked closely with Alarm.com and Qolsys on this issue but my conclusion is the radio for the sensors in the panel is simply not as strong as the GE panels. I ended up having to move the antennas for the Ion Digital sensors from the window frame (aluminum windows) and drill into the wood wall framing to tuck the antennas into that to get the panel to see the sensors. Even then, I’ve been getting regular sensor malfunctions, even for known compatible Interlogix sensors that are literally 10 feet away from the panel. The frequency of the malfunctions seems to have reduced since the 1.4.2 software update and I’m still trying to correlate some of the failures with cold weather potentially affecting the sensor but it’s frustrating that I never have these issues with the GE Simon panels.

Z-wave is getting better but since the panel polls devices for status before allowing commands and apparently Z-wave is a one instruction at a time protocol, it takes forever for the panel to scroll through all the devices (I have many) before I can turn a light on. Also of note is thermostat control. When I set the panel “away” I have my thermostat change to an “away” setpoint. Upon disarming, I have the thermostat change back to a “comfort” temperature but I notice it takes quite some time before the thermostat is triggered to change. I wonder if this is the same “polling” issue with the lights but quite frequently my wife will disarm the panel and immediately change the thermostat manually at the thermostat, then a minute or so later the z-wave command based on the disarm event kicks the thermostat back to a different temp based on my more “energy efficient” setting. She gets frustrated that she changed it but something else changed it back haha. Anyway, with the GE panels, the thermostat change was nearly instant upon disarm. Wish there wasn’t such a delay with the Qolsys panel.

Hoping these issues get worked out with firmware updates. WE’ll see. I still see tons of potential in the overall product and company, it’s been fun to see them mature.

Apparently a fair amount of developmental effort was slated to go into the next couple firmware updates regarding cleaning up the Zwave automation UI and smoothing out the background processes.

I have had a couple conversations with Qolsys regarding this.

Sensor compatibility will continue to expand and improve as well. It is interesting you note that the sensor radio may not be as powerful. Have you tried a wireless repeater to supplement and see if the malfunctions cease?

I haven’t yet tried a repeater but distance doesn’t seem to be the issue as one of the Ion Digital Micra-G window sensors is literally about 15 feet from the panel and yet it still didn’t work until the antenna was extended into the wood framing instead of in the hollow space of the window frame itself (intended installation). The Interlogix door sensor is about 10 feet from the panel and still has trouble updating the sensor status from time to time (or malfunctions). All of these sensors worked great with the Simon 3, Simon XT (first revision) and the Simon XT second revision.

Has anyone reported luck or issues with the RE120 repeater? I am having trouble with my Qolsys panel recognizing events on my farther away sensors (GE, though I’ve tried Qolsys sensors with similar issues). I bought an RE120 repeater, but it seems to have no affect on the panel at all. I can see the green light flash when the sensor is tripped, but the panel does nothing. I can have the repeater just feet away from the panel, see that the repeater catches the signal, but the panel still doesn’t pick it up.

I tried enrolling the repeater, but the panel will not recognize when I try to trip the tamper during auto-learn, and there is no DL ID on the repeater despite documentation saying otherwise. Are there multiple versions of the RE120 and perhaps I have an old one? The label says RE120 GE Compatible, and the board has 56-0028-00 Rev B02 AND 57-0028-00 Rev A00 stickers. There is no enroll button on the board, unlike the diagram in the RE manual.

Just trying to figure out if this is a repeater issue or a panel issue. Thanks!