New Customer Questions with Concord 4

A few questions:

1. How do I figure out how many sensors I have on my Concord 4 alarm system? The system came built in the house.
  2. Once I know that, how do I request the extra sensor blocks so I can see them all in the Alarm.com app?
  3. I have the Skybell HD doorbell. Do I need to order something additional from you so Alarm.com can tie it all together (like Cloud Video)?

Thank you,

1) How do I figure out how many sensors I have on my Concord 4 alarm system? The system came built in the house.

Did you mean at the panel itself? You can see a list by logging in to Alarm.com then navigating to Security → Sensors this will give you a list of all sensors reporting to Alarm.com. Here you can change their names, see their status and even enroll them in Sensor Activity Monitoring.

2) Once I know that, how do I request the extra sensor blocks so I can see them all in the Alarm.com app?

Keep in mind certain sensors are not valid activity monitoring sensors (Smoke Alarms, CO Detectors etc) This guide should be very helpful

We are in the process of updating sensor activity monitoring for Gold Interactive and your plan comes with 50. Should you need more than that, please email our customerservice@suretyDIY.com team with your Verbal Admin Passcode, for verification purposes, and they will add more to your account. You should refer to this add-on guide for pricing and details.

3) I have the Skybell HD doorbell. Do I need to order something additional from you so Alarm.com can tie it all together (like Cloud Video)?

In order for the Skybell HD to be functional with Alarm.com it needs to A.) be the Alarm.com branded Skybell HD and B.) you will need to have Cloud video service enabled on your account and an additional camera slot open.

1. Yes, I am looking to see how many sensors I have in the Concord 4 panel itself. The Alarm.com website, with Gold Interactive, only shows 10 sensors. I believe I have more sensors than that (lots of wired sensors and one wireless sensor).

2. I didn’t realize we get 50 sensors. I only see 10 (actually 9).

3. I don’t have the Alarm.com-branded Skybell HD. Is there a way to swap firmwares or am I at the mercy of the DIYer’s luck of the draw?

Thanks.

Yes, I am looking to see how many sensors I have in the Concord 4 panel itself. The Alarm.com website, with Gold Interactive, only shows 10 sensors. I believe I have more sensors than that (lots of wired sensors and one wireless sensor).

Logging into Alarm.com and visiting the Sensors page (link is on the Security Tab) will show you every sensor connected to your system.

You can access sensor programming on the Concord to view them locally. (8, Installer Code, 00, # System Programming, Scroll to Sensors, #, you can select to edit sensors and just cycle through.)

I don’t have the Alarm.com-branded Skybell HD. Is there a way to swap firmwares or am I at the mercy of the DIYer’s luck of the draw?

Firmware must be factory applied, the ADC branded Skybell HD is required for support. Are you unable to return it?

Excellent… I will figure something out with the Skybell HD.

Final question: I successfully put the Concord 4 Z-Wave module in Replicate Mode and connected it to my Smartthings v2. All my lights, fans, and doors locks that were already added to the Smartthings v2 are accessible and controllable from Alarm.com. The only problem is newly added Z-Wave devices to the Smartthings V2 are not showing up on Alarm.com. What do I need to do to get these to show up?

Thanks!

ST may have a command to send updated node info to secondary controllers. Barring that, it may be best to remove and re-add the Concord in order to get all the node info again.

What are the instructions to do this?

You’ll want to consult your ST documentation for controller interaction commands and capabilities.

To remove and relearn, first what process did you use to connect the two controllers? Did you use the instructions in the ADC Module documentation for portable controllers?

If ST is primary, you should be able to enter exclusion mode on ST and activate the Concord to remove.

Curious, what devices have not shown on your ADC account yet? Keep in mind incompatible devices would not show up.