New build for a 2GIG lover

I just started the process of building a new home and am looking for a monitored security/home automation system where I can be in control of adding additional functionality down the road. I had a 2GIG system in my last house and love it. I also like the fact you’re company allows me to install the system how I’d like. I have a few questions I hope you can answer:

1 - I understand 2GIG announced a new panel back in April 2014. Is there any estimate on when that may reach the market?

2 - There has been talk about 2GIG increasing the camera functionality to a DVR/NVR system… is that still in the works?

3 - How difficult is it for a non-professional to install the system? I’m pretty handy and have watched previous installers install the components, but never tried it myself. I just want to make sure I’m not going to be in over my head (although I see there are a lot of youtube videos to assist me).

4 - I realize the 2GIG panel is wireless, but is there anything I should consider with regards to pre-wiring? I’m planning on a fairly robust system with outdoor cameras, 2-3 panels, thermostat, etc. I know the low-voltage contractor the builder uses told me a lot of those things should be pre-wired… but I also know he was just trying to sell me a system (their system - which I didn’t like).

1. Unfortunately, there is still no news about when the new 2GIG panel will be coming out. We’re expecting it around the end of the year or possibly even Q1 of 2015.

2. The Alarm.com SVR is currently being beta tested (in fact, I have one in my office that we’re testing) and will hopefully be available for a full release within the next couple of months.

3. I don’t think there’s any aspect of the 2GIG system that is particularly difficult to install. The superswitch can be tricky depending on what your old system looks like and how it’s wired. The only part that is potentially difficult is running a wire from the panel location to an outlet on a different floor (usually the basement). Once you get the hang of it, it’s not hard, but if you’ve never done it, it can be a handful.

4. I would have the house prewired for the Go! Control Panel and any TS1s you’re planning on installing. Obviously, prewire for the thermostats. Make sure they run at least 5 conductor thermostat wire for those. I would have power cables run to each of the camera locations. If you’re planning on using the ADC cameras, you only need a power wire as they will communicate to ADC using your WiFi connection.