New Alarm.com Smart Thermostat Announcement

The wireless temperature probes are not yet available and are currently in development. No ETA quite yet.

What would be more than swell is if they could combine some of this functionality with a TS-1, in my case I have a TS-1 mounted right next to a thermostat…would be perfect to consolidate those units.

So no pricing details on the remote temperature sensors? Do the remote temperature sensors have their own motion detectors? Can you integrate IR detectors from the alarm with rules in the thermostat?

I currently have 2 Nest thermostats that I hate and am looking to replace, the Ecobee3 is currently my top pick but am now watching for details on this Alarm.com one.

Unfortunately since they are still in development we have no specific details regarding function or price yet. These, along with the GC3, are things we are very much looking forward to.

There are a couple ways to integrate occupancy as an override in Alarm.com. Battery operated motion detectors are not terribly good at this due to the power saving features, but you can use window/door sensors left open for a period of time, you can automatically override based on external temps, you can override using the arming status of your system, and you can use the Geoservices options to override when away from home.