Nest Thermostat vs Alarm.com Energy Management

Until Google gets bored with it and let’s it die on the vine or tries to Google"ize" it and make it less attractive like they did with Google voice into hangouts.

I would be torn myself. Development and feature additions may greatly increase with such an acquisition, but the acquisition itself could become a circus, and as another poster mentioned, Google owning everything isn’t exactly an ideal world to me.

I didn’t read all of this really carefully, but I did notice that the 2gig thermostat I just setup had a wire hookup for external humidity control.

Granted, without alarm.com supporting it - I don’t know if it would do much unless there is something you can control locally on the panel once it’s attached.

Not that I know of. The upcoming Alarm.com thermostat supposedly does have humidity control so I assume Alarm.com will support it then.

New Alarm.com Smart Thermostat.

The Alarm.com Smart Thermostat Ryan mentioned, is available now. Interested to hear how everyone thinks it compares.

Any thoughts on the Alarm.com thermostat? Does the geo features work on more than 1 phone? I.e., more than 1 cell phone owner in the house, can the geo-features be triggered by any of phone or does it only work with one phone? If so, big limitation and oversight imo if their feature-set assumes only 1 person in the house owns a phone.

It works with multiple phones; that’s an ADC feature and isn’t specific to their thermostat. You can set geo rules that work with any single phone or groups of them together.