Need some guidance with sensors

Taking over a Vivint system (with new panel, etc) but need some advice on sensors and designing my system. There are two glass break sensors already installed that I plan to re-use. My question is how should I secure the windows from someone forcibly opening them (w/o breaking the glass). I would install motion sensors or better yet the Image Sensor (2GIG-Image1) but I have a rather large (but small for the breed) 125 pound English Mastiff that will likely set off motion sensors often. Do I have any other options other than installing window/door sensors or shock sensors on every window? That seems very cost prohibitive.

I also thought of skipping window sensors and just going with the image sensor set up to not activate the alarm if triggered but only take still images. I believe that is possible, correct? I would then only check or upload images if I saw signs of a break-in. Not very proactive but better than nothing I suppose.

Lastly I could go the video route but again the dog setting off the motion sensors would be an issue and I would quickly use my quota. I’m considering 3rd party cameras that would record to my Windows Home Server but I lose the integration aspect which seems disappointing.

Can motions be set up to only be set off for something 4 foot tall or higher?

Please let me know your thoughts and recommendations.

Do I have any other options other than installing window/door sensors or shock sensors on every window?

For reasonable cost open/close sensors are motion detectors are your only option. There are dual tech motion detectors that do a better job at preventing false alarms but with a dog of that size I wouldn’t bet on it.

You can mount a regular PIR motion detector 4ft high and upside down so it’s only looking across and not down but then an intruder could simply duck underneath it if they know what they’re doing.

I also thought of skipping window sensors and just going with the image sensor set up to not activate the alarm if triggered but only take still images. I believe that is possible, correct?

Yes, that’s correct.

Are there any other compatible motion image sensors that take stills besides the 2gig one that gets mixed reviews?

So what would you suggest that I do in my case?

Are there any other compatible motion image sensors that take stills besides the 2gig one that gets mixed reviews?

No.

It’s the first gen IS that is problematic (ADC-IS-100-GC). Just make sure you get the second gen IS for 2GIG (ADC-IS-200-GC). Newer firmware, Longer battery life, and they do background image captures that store locally on the IS, and do not count against your quota unless you upload them.

So can you view them off of the sensor without uploading or if you want to see what was captured is uploading a requirement that will then count against your quota?

So can you view them off of the sensor without uploading

Not that I know of. Generally speaking, you have to upload the image capture to view it, and once you do, it counts against your quota.

Only alarm event captures, and peak ins are auto uploaded

On the Qolsys panel you can view them directly on the screen without uploading. Obviously that’s only helpful if you’re home when you want to look at them. Otherwise, yes, you do need to upload them to view.

Doesn’t apply to a Vivint takeover, just a point of information.