Need help verifying installed system

Hello everyone.

My family and I recently moved into a house with an alarm system already installed. From what I can tell there are only a total of 4 wireless sensors installed. I think the panel is a Honeywell Lynx Plus L3000. The sensors include a wireless door sensor for the front door, recessed wireless sensor for the garage door, wireless door sensor for the sliding door, and a motion sensor looking into the kitchen.

I’m wondering if it’s really worth it to buy the panel to support the old sensors or should I just start fresh? From my understanding I’ll lose the ability to use the non-ecrypted sensors. Is it really worth the price difference in sensors between the regular and powerg?

Adding some pictures to verify the system. Completely forgot to take a picture of the panel so I’ll have to add that later but Google definitely shows one just like this image

Thanks!

Unfortunately u will have to replace the panel itself really outdated I would recommend the Iq panel 345 and u can use the current Honeywell sensors as well add new ones and u can also use powerg as well

I’m wondering if it’s really worth it to buy the panel to support the old sensors or should I just start fresh? From my understanding I’ll lose the ability to use the non-ecrypted sensors. Is it really worth the price difference in sensors between the regular and powerg?

The 345Mhz panel is a bit more expensive than the standard 319.5 mhz version of the IQ Panel 2+, so if you only have 4 wireless sensors the cost will be offset a bit by that difference.

Yes, the added value of PowerG is worth the investment, and with only 4 sensors I would consider just replacing.

1 Like

Thabk you for the feedback. I was thinking the 4 sensors weren’t enough to justify paying a little extra for the 345 version.