Need help setting up Vivout Freedom Quick Start Kit

The remove devices searched for about 5 minutes and didn’t pull anything up. Also, I noticed the little radio tower icon on the thermostat is not displaying. Are there batteries or something that need to be replaced?

Note: The thermostat is CT30e if that makes a difference

When service is ordered, continued service is assumed, although your obligation is only on a month to month basis. You’re welcome to let us know if/when you’d like to discontinue service. We ask that you give us 10 days notice so we can process your request. Normally your following month will be charged about 5 days before your new month to allow for any card expiration, etc problems. As such, the method of payment you used for your initial order is the method used for charging go forward. This video shows how you can make changes to the payment method.

As far as the thermostat goes, I’m afraid I’m not personally familiar with that model, so I’m hesitant to say anything I’m not definitive on. I’ll let one of my co-workers with experience with that model weigh in on that part of your question.

As for the tstat… Try resetting it and then try rediscovery.

If its not showing up for removal from network, then try adding it to network.

The panel and tstat may need to be in close proximity for zwave network adding/removing, and rediscovery

Your tstat is wired for AC I hope and not just battery

Thanks Amanda fr the information and rive it’s funny you said that. I just found the manual on-line about 20 minutes ago and it the reset button on the thermostat. The radio display came up after reboot and the thermostat no longer says malfunction on alarm.com. So I think I’m all set unless there is anything else I need to do (tips, suggestions,…). Thanks for all your help and assistance.

With my current setup are there any potential problems with adding this?

It would be replacing this:

I read I would need to upgrade the firmware with this to match the control panel. Does it come with the information to install the transceiver?

You are correct that to use a TS1 you need the transceiver you linked to. The video on how to install the transceiver is embedded on that same product page. You may need to scroll down if its just out of view on your screen. The same video is also listed in the how-to instructional video section you can find at the top of this page (http://suretydiy.com/how-to-change-the-transceiver-in-your-2gig-gocontrol-panel/). It’s fairly straight forward. And yes, the transceiver also comes with an insert on the equipment from the manufacturer.

You are also correct that you need to watch the firmware. The TS1s do not have iterations. So a TS1 on V1.9 would work with a panel on 1.9.4 or 1.9.6 (or any other V1.9.X). All of our panels and TS1s go out the door with the most up to date firmware available, so the panels are V1.10.1 and the TS1s are V1.10. If you have V1.10 or V1.10.1 on your panel a TS1 with V1.10 will be compatible.

Not to bring this topic up, but how many feet of wire are included inside the TS1 box since I will need to use the AC Adapter?

None. As far as I know the control panels and TS1’s do not ship with transformer wire

Obtain the unshielded wire from any electrical store. Get 18 guage unshielded.

18/2 or 18/4

Make sure when your wire it up that you observe polarity

FYI the TS1 does have battery backup capability (3AAA), but it doesn’t have a charger, battery backup will last approx 12 hours or so in event of power loss (if you have backlight timeout for 30sec or less). I use rechargeable energizers on mine.

Thanks for letting me know. I will do that.

We send ours out wired up with ~6ft so you can plug and play. Often people replace with their needed length.

So I was getting ready to take the 2Gig-Pad1-345 off the wall and move it downstairs next to our back door where you can easily hear the control panel. Upon taking it off I noticed it was already wiring behind it not being used. I’m not sure where it’s hooked into for power, however, my wife said she had seen a box in our closet with wires. I found this box inside our closet, which I hadn’t noticed because it was covered by my hanging clothes, and we moved into our house about 7 months ago. I don’t have any idea what this stuff is for. Previous alarm system? Any ideas? Also, do you think it’s safe to use the wire behind the Pad1-345 when I eventually install a TS1? Thanks.

The 2GIG-PAD1-345 is battery powered only so it doesn’t use the wires. It was just placed there to cover up the hole from previous keypad. Yes, I would definitely use the wire to power a TS1 but you’ll need to figure out which one it is back in the old control panel box before you do. When you figure it out for sure, disconnect it from the old panel and connect it to the TS1 power supply.

I will try and determine which one it’s feeding into the box. Is it alright to use the cable though? I looked at a manual I found on-line for the TS1 and it says to use 18 AWG 2 conductor. Does it matter if the wire coming out of the hole by the light switch has a black, brown, red, and blue wire?

Whether you need 18 AWG depends on how long the cable is. It says 18awg for up to 100ft which is a 2.17V drop with 1700mA. You would have the same drop at about 39ft with 22awg so 22/2 should be fine for up to 39ft. How long is the cable run?

It doesn’t matter what color the wire is as long as you’re consistent on how you connect it on both ends.

From what I can see is it is run from the hole up through the attic and down into the closet. I would say all together it’s probably around 40’. The red wire has this written on it:

AS99 E117825 22/4C CMR FPLR (UL) C (UL) CMG-FAS/FT4 99381 with the 4 colors of black, brown, red, and blue being the inside colors

Sounds like you can use that wire.

Great. Thanks for all your help. I really appreciate being able to come to this website and post my questions and thoughts and get quick responses!