MyQ vs. ADC

I’m wondering how the functionality of using the myQ app versus ADC compares for controlling a garage door. I currently have my door setup through MyQ. I’m considering switching it to ADC, but because it is binary choice of MyQ or ADC only, I don’t want to make the switch if I’m going to lose functions in the way that ADC has limited functionality for Nest and Rachio.

What is the make/model number in question?

When using ADC for MyQ functionality, you are just using ADC to control the garage door state. You get the added benefit of being able to create Rules involving garage automation based on panel arming state should you choose. Which is a handy when setting the alarm at night to ensure that the garage closes as well.

Biggest downside is when adding more than one MyQ gateway or removing one from Alarm.com. Currently the end user can only add 1 gateway to their ADC account. Should you need to add an additional one, you would need to send the S/N to us and we would be able to add it. Likewise, you cannot delete the MyQ gateway from ADC, we would have to do that. You can use the secure message tool to request these actions, if necessary.

The MYQ-G0301 is compatible.

You can setup a notification as well, under Notifications in ADC for Garage Left Open. Selecting between 1-240 minutes. This can be active at all times of day or during selected times/dates.