Multiple Thermostats and Remote Temperature Sensors

I have 4 ADC-T2000 thermostats in my home. Yesterday, I switched to a Qolsys IQ Panel 2 and also added 3 remote temperature sensors. How do I ‘assign’ a particular RTS to a specific thermostat? The user guide does not seem to coincide with the actual menus that I get with alarm.com.

When viewing the thermostats main page, each thermostat will have a little thermometer icon on the card in the top right. Click on the icon to link an RTS to that thermostat to either use as the actual temp or to average with the tstat reading.

Alarm.com home page > Click the arrow on the Tstat card > click thermometer icon.

Mine does not have the thermometer icons on the thermostat cards. Please see below.

Hmm, odd. What is the firmware version of those thermostats?

You can find that by setting the thermostat mode to OFF and hold the up arrow button for about 3 seconds. You should see a number displayed (Ex. X.XX) along with the symbols for both heat and cool. This is the firmware version.

Try setting the mode to OFF then back to Auto for the Tstats, then reload the page. Any change?

Firmware version is 1.10. Off, auto, reload did not change anything in ADC.

The firmware on the T2000 is incompatible. In order to pair the RTS with the ADC-T2000, the TSTAT would need to be at Firmware 1.2 or higher.

Unfortunately, the T2000 cannot have its FW upgraded and would need to be replaced.

Really? I checked and ensured compatibility of the RTS with the ADCT2000 before purchasing. Even the FAQ document for the thermostat references firmware updates.

http://www.2gigforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=228&d=1430860614

The RTS is compatible with the T2000 only at FW1.2 or above. T2000s sold later have FW 1.2+ installed but unfortunately there is no way to update the FW on the T2000.

In this case a newer unit would need to be purchased in order to pair with the RTS.

As i recall, OTA FW updates were initially planned for the T2000 but it never came to fruition.

1 Like

I dont think I could have said it better to be honest.