Motion Sensor With Delay Setting Question

I set up a 2GIG PIR as interior follower with delay. I also have this particular sensor set up with dialing delay. This sensor is within view range of the panel so it picks me up when I arm and disarm

I set my alarm “away” and as I was walking away from my house this motion sensor tripped the alarm. The audible siren went off and I was able to disarm it.

I was notified due to my rules, however dispatch did not receive the alarm.

Why did the alarm trigger at all? I would think with the delay it would not trigger audibly locally or to the monitoring station (which it didnt) during that delay time period.

set up a 2GIG PIR as interior follower with delay

you might want to rethink that and set it for no delay.

Interior follower is automatically delayed for any activated entry/exit sensor (unless panel is armed with no entry delay).Usually one will set the PIR with delay when they lack door entry sensors.

dispatch did not receive the alarm

that is because you most likely disarmed it within the delay period. No signal was sent to central station.

Dialer delay has nothing to do with the delayed activation of the sensor at panel. It is recommended to set all zone dialer delays to 0.

Ok.

So there is “interior follower” and “interior follower with delay”

So my goal is to have this one PIR delay for 30 seconds just like an entry/exit door and not activate the panel siren or alarm or central station for 30 seconds.

I have 4 other PIR’s with no delay through the house and are simply set to interior followers (so if I walk around at night they don’t go off).

What do I set this one PIR toaccomplish this.

have 4 other PIR’s with no delay through the house and are simply set to interior followers (so if I walk around at night they don’t go off).

that is not how an interior follower PIR works.

PIRs are not armed in stay. an interior follower will alarm instantly if motion is detected and there is no entry delay preceding it (which it follows…and delays the PIR activation)

I don’t face any of my PIRs at windows or at doors because they will activate if there is a thermal change. you may have caused that change after opening/closing the door (especially if there was bright sunlight), which then activated the detector.

the instructions are confusing then. They make it seem like you can delay the response of the motion detectors and I have read on the forums of people doing this in garages so it doesnt set off instantly when they come home and enter the garage?

From the manual:

1. Interior with Delay
    This sensor type operates as a delayed sensor when the
    system is armed in the Away mode, and when triggered,
    will start the Entry Delay 1 timer. If the system is armed in
    Away mode with no Entry Delay (armed instant), this
    sensor type will trigger an instant alarm.
    If the system is armed in Stay mode (or Stay mode with no
    Entry Delay), this sensor type will be bypassed.

interior follower (04)
is an instant alarm unless there is triggered a entry exit sensor first. if such occurs, there is a delay for whatever the entry delay is programmed as.

interior follower with delay (10)
any PIR activation programmed as this zone type will be with delayed activation.

as previously explained, zone type 10 is primarily for those who have interior areas protected with a PIR and are not using entry delay sensors on say their doors. This gives them time to cross through the protected zones and reach the panel or keypad without triggering the alarms.

zone type 04 and 10 PIRs are only armed in away mode

for more info on dialer delays, see: https://suretyhome.com/forums/topic/dialer-delay-question/#post-33818

I have read on the forums of people doing this in garages so it doesnt set off instantly when they come home and enter the garage?

In garages people typically set a longer entry delay so they have more time to get in the house after the garage door opens. You can do that with “Entry Delay 2” on the 2GIG panel.