Motion sensor not working

One of my 2GIG-PIR1-345 sensors does not seem to be working. It never registers like the other two under sensors when someone is in the room. I removed the cover to see if the battery was bad and the panel alerted that it was tampered with, so it appears to be registered with the panel. Please advise on what you think it might be…

thanks

It never registers like the other two under sensors when someone is in the room

How are you testing the functionality of these sensors?

Are you using the “sensor test” option on the panel?
Do you mean that it does not trip an alarm when armed away?

I have 3 the other two I can see when they are activated under sensors…I know they don’t respond like other contacts, but you can see when they are idel or activated. This one always shows ldel. I put the panel in walk test and it did not activate…that’s when I pulled the cover and the tamper alarm was set off so I know the panel at least see it.

I put the panel in walk test and it did not activate…

I looked into the programming of your sensors and found one of the motion detectors is reporting as programmed for Loop 2. The 2GIG PIR1-345 needs to be set to Loop 1 in programming. This would be the cause of the error in activating.

Programming for a PIR1-345 can be found here.

Keep in mind that it will need about 3 minutes of no one in its field of view to set and be ready to activate on next motion for testing. The best way to use the walk test is to start it at the panel, move to a room with no motion detector, wait 3 minutes, then walk around in front of each.

Jason as always you are the man. That was it made the change and it is working now.

thanks

Happy to help!