Monitoring and system build

Just built new home and had 2Gig-GC3 panel (although cannot seem to upgrade firmware) and Sp1-GC3 panel installed. Right now just have some basic add-ons, couple motion detectors, door alarms, and key fob. Several questions:

1. Do I need to purchase a cell communicator for monitoring (or can this be done via internet) - if so, does it matter if I pick 3G or 4G?
  2. Does the weather function come with monitoring in my area?
  3. Will this system provide access to monitor on our iPhones?
  4. Would like to add water sensor (near lower level sump) - is this possible?
  5. Would like to monitor garage doors - what is required?
    a lot more ideas planned, but want to get the system up and running on basic stuff before exploring more advanced features.
Do I need to purchase a cell communicator for monitoring (or can this be done via internet) – if so, does it matter if I pick 3G or 4G?

All Alarm.com accounts require a primary cellular connection for communication. I would recommend LTE at this time as it will be supported longer than CDMA, if looking at the Verizon carrier.

Does the weather function come with monitoring in my area?

Weather forecast on the panel is a feature of Gold Interactive service. I don’t know what area you are referring to, but if it is in the United States, yes. Service is available in all US locations.

Will this system provide access to monitor on our iPhones?

All Alarm.com interactive accounts have access to the Alarm.com app for remote control and status of your system.

Would like to add water sensor (near lower level sump) – is this possible?

You would be looking for 345 Mhz flood sensors. The RE219 is a good option.

Would like to monitor garage doors – what is required?

This page goes over options for your garage overhead door.