Meaning behind GC3 lock "support"

I am looking at getting FE599 zwave lock, as it is now supported with GC3 new firmware.

I’d like to better understand what this “support” really means.

There are several variables:

• GC3
  • Lock itself
  • Lock’s own mobile app / website
  • ADT

What does GC3 support really mean? Would the lock work as an additional sensor connected to GC3? Will I be able to track/control it open / close from ADT? Is ADT even relevant here?

A quick thing: ADT is a separate unrelated alarm dealer. I think you mean ADC, Alarm.com.

“Support” means that the device has been tested and confirmed as compatible with the panel on the given firmware version, and any necessary software accommodations have been made.

Would the lock work as an additional sensor connected to GC3?

Z-wave “Sensors” are not compatible with any Alarm.com alarm panel, including the GC3. Z-wave lends itself to automation, and already has a robust offering of lights, locks, thermostats, and other devices, but sensors, like Z-wave door sensors, motion detectors, etc., have no advantage over and are less reliable than the security panel manufacturer’s RF band sensors.

So, that said, no, the door lock does not act as a sensor to tell the panel if the door is open or not. Just if the lock is locked or unlocked.

In general you have lock status and control through the Alarm.com app and website. Automation rules to lock/unlock, automatically disarm on unlocking the door, notifications for when the door is locked/unlocked, etc.

correct: not ADT, I meant ADC: alarm.com.

In general you have lock status and control through the Alarm.com app and website. Automation rules to lock/unlock, automatically disarm on unlocking the door, notifications for when the door is locked/unlocked, etc.
  • lock status and control through the Alarm.com app and website

Does it mean I will see whether the lock is locked / unlocked through alarm.com and will be able to force lock / unlock it? (most likely yes, but I’d like to confirm)

• rules to lock/unlock

Do you mean some kind of time rules? i.e. unlock at 9:00 a.m. / lock at 10:00 p.m.? Or something else?

• automatically disarm on unlocking the door

Does it mean if the system is in, say, “arm away” mode, whenever I enter the right combination on the lock pad, the whole security system will disarm? (if yes, can I disable this “feature”?)

• notifications for when the door is locked/unlocked

Similar to notifications on when the panel is locked / unlocked? i.e. say I have two different lock codes: one for mea and a temporary one for a friend. Will I see that the friend unlocked the lock vs. just the fact the lock was unlocked?

Does it mean I will see whether the lock is locked / unlocked through alarm.com and will be able to force lock / unlock it? (most likely yes, but I’d like to confirm)

Yes.

Do you mean some kind of time rules? i.e. unlock at 9:00 a.m. / lock at 10:00 p.m.? Or something else?

No. Locks can be automated by two triggers: Arm/Disarm, and other locks’ activity. Locks can be a trigger for arming/disarming and other locks.

Does it mean if the system is in, say, “arm away” mode, whenever I enter the right combination on the lock pad, the whole security system will disarm? (if yes, can I disable this “feature”?)

Yes, you can create a rule to disarm when a lock is unlocked by a user code. Automation rules are not by default enabled. You create the rules you wish to use in Alarm.com.

Similar to notifications on when the panel is locked / unlocked? i.e. say I have two different lock codes: one for mea and a temporary one for a friend. Will I see that the friend unlocked the lock vs. just the fact the lock was unlocked?

Yes.

Like automation rules you create the notifications. During creation you can select individual users which will trigger the notification, or you can select anyone.