Master reset old panel

My old service (Frontpoint) technically ended today and I checked with your tool to see if the panel (IQ panel 1) was de-registered successfully and it appears to have been. I am contemplating selling it on ebay or keeping it as a backup should my IQ panel 2 ever experience problems in the future. If I were to sell it (Or use with you in the future), should I do a master reset on the panel. After the alarm.com account associated with the panel is cancelled, does the panel retain any sensitive information that would need to be deleted?

Thank you

Cancellation of the Alarm.com account would not remove local panel programming such as user codes and names, so if you do sell it, it would be a good idea to perform a master reset first.

If you keep it to use later, local programming can remain the same unless you wish to start fresh using it in the future.

Thank you. A couple more questions… So I master reset and it looks like it set the software back to the original software that came with the panel. Trying to update through the network just says try again later. I’m assuming because it is currently not registered. Is there some where I can download the 1.6.3 final software for the IQ panel 1 and load it via SD card.

Also, on the message button, it still shows a frontpoint logo… Is there some way in the settings I can delete this and have it show a standard message logo. I have logged into the panel with the dealer code and am able to edit/delete the dealer text but can not find where to delete the dealer image.

So I master reset and it looks like it set the software back to the original software that came with the panel. Trying to update through the network just says try again later. I’m assuming because it is currently not registered. Is there some where I can download the 1.6.3 final software for the IQ panel 1 and load it via SD card.

Master Reset should not revert firmware. What version does your panel currently report?

You should be able to use the Patch tag systest163.

Alternatively, you can apply via SD card and download the firmware here.

Also, on the message button, it still shows a frontpoint logo.. Is there some way in the settings I can delete this and have it show a standard message logo. I have logged into the panel with the dealer code and am able to edit/delete the dealer text but can not find where to delete the dealer image.

No, the logo is updated optionally by dealers and cannot be wiped locally that I am aware. Logo images are sent and controlled through ADC.

So, upon checking the software version it appears I am still on 1.6.3, however the system has a whole different look then it did when I was using it through frontpoint. I remember it looked like this when I first got the system, but at some point was update with a different graphically interface

Couldn’t speak to the practices of other providers but it sounds likely that the previous provider has their own GUI for that panel. The GEN1 has also had a few graphical face lifts over the years.

Thank you for all the help!