Malfunction Sensors Brand Spank’n new

9 out of 17 door/window sensors only days old and working perfectly fine after install reported malfunction. Anyone else have this issue brand new out of the box? Rebooted to IQ-4 panel, that didn’t work. I guess I’m going to have to delete all 17 door and window sensors at the panel and start the install completely over again. The IQ-4 panel does not let me delete 1 sensor at a time so it sucks I have to delete them all. I guess I’ll need to make a warranty claim if they don’t work anymore. I tried opening each sensor that says it’s malfunction by opening the battery compartment removing the battery and snapping back in place. Didn’t help. It’s really odd that all 9 malfunctioning sensors decided to malfunction at the same time out of the blue. Not sure why I spent so much money on crappy equipment

Its uncommon to see that many sensors go into malfunction at one time, but it is possible, and for a variety of reasons (not just hardware failure).

More information on Malfunction and how to resolve can be found in the below guide:

When troubleshooting the 9 sensors, there is no need to delete all sensors, Sensors can be deleted individually.

If you have checked the battery, distance and the material the sensor is mounted on, deleting and re-adding the sensors may help to resolve the issue.

Individual sensors can be deleted via the following means.

Navigate to Settings > Advanced Settings > Enter the Installer Code (Default is 1111) > Installation > Devices > Security Sensor > Delete Sensor. From there just click the check box next to each sensor you wish to remove.

Hi Tyler. Where is this info located for the IQ-4 panel that in advanced setting I can enter 1111 for the installer code? This seem like an important piece of information to have to be able to delete sensors and a lot of other stuff when you don’t actually have a 3rd party installer and the home owner is the installer. I ended up deleting all of the sensors and completely started over from scratch. While in the Installer code section of the advanced settings I noticed that I could check for system updates through the WiFi connection. Well I found the panel needed to be updated to the latest firmware which I could not do using the regular pass code that gets me into advanced settings and shuts the alarm on-off, etc. One by one I added each sensor (17). On my ADC iPhone App I had to open and shut each window and door to trigger it as an active sensor on the ADC App. It must have been some memory glitch from the first time I added before deleting. Oh well. I used setting 10 for the 2 entry doors I need to be delayed when going in and out while arming / disarming. Everything else is in setting 13 for instant arming if triggered. One thing I would like to mention is that some of the sensors on the first try when adding I simply used the QR code located on each box (I wrote the name of each location on the box), scanned using the IQ-4 camera and added to the sensor. I don’t know if this is what I was supposed to do. I was feeling lazy and didn’t want to walk around my house and open and close each door and window to automatically detect. This time around that is exactly what I did. I just hope it works now and I won’t get any more malfunctions.

Hi Tyler. Where is this info located for the IQ-4 panel that in advanced setting I can enter 1111 for the installer code?

Qolsys does not provide a manual or a how to guide specifically in the box but we have the manual located on the product page and can be found here.

While in the Installer code section of the advanced settings I noticed that I could check for system updates through the WiFi connection. Well I found the panel needed to be updated to the latest firmware which I could not do using the regular pass code that gets me into advanced settings and shuts the alarm on-off, etc.

Firmware updates can be done that way if the firmware file is available.

Typically you will need the Installer Code (default 1111) or Dealer Code( defualt 2222) to make most programming changes.

If you attempted to update software prior to connecting the panel to service, it wont work, the panel needs to be communicating with Alarm.com first.

Firmware patch notes and update steps can be found on thie forum post here. You may want to follow that so you dont miss out firmware updates. Some updates cannot be done automatically and require a patch tag.

One thing I would like to mention is that some of the sensors on the first try when adding I simply used the QR code located on each box (I wrote the name of each location on the box), scanned using the IQ-4 camera and added to the sensor.

While this method works, I would always recommend using Auto Learn Mode and tripping/tampering the sensor to learn it in. You can do this before mounting the sensor. It allows you to test functionality before mounting and allows you to confirm that the unique TXID on the sensor matches what gets learned into the panel.

We have a lot of How To Guides on the forum that cover a variety of topics. The following may be of use to you:

Programming 319.5Mhz sensors

Programming Z-Wave Devices (and tips for creating a good Z-Wave Network)

Video