Loss of Takeover with Repeater

Good Morning,
I am coming to wits end on this supervision stuff…

I lost the Freeze sensor on the SMKT8e in my Utility Room this morning at about 4:30AM (10/14/21). Yet, did not lose supervision of the other 2 sensors on that SMKT8e (smoke/heat), nor did I lose any supervision of the other 2 sensors in that room (Temperature and CO2).

How is that possible?

Can you confirm I’ve programmed the equipment type for the SMKT8e properly?
A search showed if the equipment code on the e-series sensors weren’t right it could give a supervision issue; however, I had no loss of supervision for several days when the SMKT8e was in the same room as the panel.

I did not lose any supervision on the TAKE module yesterday either.

What’s odd, is the encrypted repeater is nearly directly above the Utility Room but on the 1st floor. Again, I have other sensors in this same room, with my CO2 being near the ground, and the SMKT8e up higher on the wall (nearer the joists that support the main floor) and have never lost the CO2.

Is there an antenna on the panel I need to install, adjust, do something with?

Other than continually moving this SMKT8e around, what else am I to do?
Why would 1 of the 3 sensors on the SMKT8e report loss but the other 2 don’t?

I really appreciate your help and replies!!! Thank you!

A search showed if the equipment code on the e-series sensors weren’t right it could give a supervision issue; however, I had no loss of supervision for several days when the SMKT8e was in the same room as the panel.

Great catch! It is not obvious in programming, but yes there are equipment codes for standard 2GIG 345 sensors and then separate ones for e-series. When selecting the equipment code within the panel there will be a description on the right, you would want to only use the codes which begin with e-series in the description.

It looks like your equipment code values for those smoke zones are for the standard 2GIG 345 zones.

Not sure why only one would malfunction first, and I would also have expected to see supervision errors sooner, but it’s hard to predict what will come of some mismatches. All three of those loops are incorrect. The e-series smoke detector equipment code for all loops should be 2058.

I would go through and make sure all E-series sensors have E-series equipment codes. If you have any non-E-series sensors, make sure those have the appropriate codes as well.

Hello,
I still have a non-stop loss of supervision on my sump pump which is handled via the encrypted takeover.

I removed the resistors that were in-line on all the previously wired sensors to the old panel that my takeover now handles, as I believe these were not needed when transferred over. I had mentioned this in a prior post but it wasn’t spoke too. In searching other threads, seems could have been an issue…???

I was able to change sensor type to unused or no response type and trip the contact float sensor and it immediately responds on the panel.

The loss of supervision remains however. Still is boggling how this happens with any of the 1 out of 6 sensors being handled by the same takeover?

Resistors are fine unless they are larger than 3kohm resistance. If they are over 3kohm, you can just remove them. The Takeover module just looks for something under that.

If there is high natural resistance on the wire there may be issues, but that should result in tampers, not offline malfunctions.

Just to confirm, which physical zone input number is the sump pump wired to on the TAKE?

Admittedly, I am not an electronics major, and am not positive what resistance these are. Possibly 20k? 4 bands, red black red gold.

I’ve removed them all anyhow, so that is really of no concern I believe.

I’ve not once received a tamper or had a failure to register a contact when manually triggered (recently performed over the weekend). I’ve only received the loss of supervision on the zone.

The Sump Pump float contact sensor, Normally Closed, is wired to the #6 input on the TAKE module.

The Sump Pump float contact sensor, Normally Closed, is wired to the #6 input on the TAKE module.

That sensor TXID as reported by your panel ends in a 7.

That means that zone is programmed to use input #7.

You do not have an input #1 device according to programming. The first zone ends in 2. I’m curious if the programming is mismatched.

Can you post a photo of the TAKE inputs?

It was my understanding that zone 1 on the Takeover module is the transmission ID of the module itself, which for me ends in 2.

Each zone is then incremented by 1 from that, with my zone 6 ending with 7 txid.

To confirm everything, I went through and learned in each zone through the panel learn button and triggering the sensor. This did not update any of my sensor transmission ID numbers unfortunately.

Doing this did clear the loss of supervision, so I’ll monitor and see what happens I suppose.

Alright. Well, 2GIG still doesn’t host an installation manual for the e-series version, but apparently unlike the standard 2GIG TAKE-345 the e-series version are being manufactured with random TXIDs which can end in any digit. And they say yes, increment from that digit rather than the zones being 1-8 for the TXID like the original takeover module. Your programming should be correct.

They did indicate that the individual zone input might have a physical issue.

A quick test for that would be to switch the Sump pump input zone with one of the known working zones on the TAKE. (physically switch the wire between inputs 5 and 6, for example.) Then switch the TXIDs in the panel to match and see if the problem follows the Sump Pump sensor or the physical #6 zone input.

I still get random and sporadic loss of supervision on individual and multiple zones from the Takeover and not always the same ones each time.

I am going to just put wireless contact sensors and remove the Takeover…

Another question in relation, is there any way to allow supervision so I am alerted of low battery, tamper, etc., but remove the audible alert from the panel?
If I could just receive a screen notification on the panel and notification on my phone through the app, that is more than sufficient.

It is the repeating alert sound on the panel every couple minutes that is completely unnecessary, and driving me, my family, and my dog nuts! Can that be removed?

It is the repeating alert sound on the panel every couple minutes that is completely unnecessary, and driving me, my family, and my dog nuts! Can that be removed?

Trouble alerts cannot be turned off completely on the GC3. You can make it so troubles do not sound at night with Q42.

Thanks, I had that enabled already…any way to change what time “night” is? Not very descriptive from the panel on that, and I didn’t see another question that defined it.

No, unfortunately the night period cannot be changed. It is between 10pm and 9am.