Looking to switch to suretyDIY

When I go to installer panel, system config, the panel will identify sensor serial numbers. When I try the “learn mode” as mentioned in the videos, nothing happens at all. I have tried both new and old.

If the sensor serial number and appropriate loop number already exist in programming, the panel will not re-learn the sensor serial number.

The only thing needed to resolve the prior issue is to change RF Sensor Type, the first programming option for the sensor.

You should go through to verify all other programming fields, but you do not need to relearn a serial number already in the system, simply press the down arrow to skip past it.

Unlike with Z-wave devices, learn mode does nothing special here with 345 MHz sensors, just populates the serial number same as if it had been typed in.

garage interior door” – it not will identify open and close and provide voice notification. It will not show up on the alarm.com panel as an active sensor. It would not respond to the “learn mode”

Make sure that all programming fields for that sensor match what is listed here for the appropriate zone/sensor type. It looks like this sensor is listed in Alarm.com now and it appears that the zone type is set. Is this already resolved?

The smoke alarms appear to be identified as motion detectors.

Have you already resolved this? I see four smoke detector zones reporting at the moment, and all are the appropriate zone type.

As you know, finding the serial numbers on door sensors, which are already installed, is not easy.

No need to. They will either learn into the panel, or more likely, as it seems, is that they are already properly entered into the panel, but other programming parameters are incorrect.

To make things easier, just completely ignore the serial number for now for all sensors. Assume it is correct. Fix what you know is wrong and then test. Any zone with a Sensor Type of “Unused” will not function.

Once you have the zones responding, you can then make sure to match other programming fields for each sensor with those shown here to ensure that the zones signal as intended.

It does sound like programming was left in a bit of disarray, which can be frustrating. It looks like more sensors are reporting now than previously, though. After making sure programming is correct make sure to test all zones.

1. I also see 4 in the alarm.com sensor panel. However, activity monitoring says N/A? Presumably they default to always on I also do not see them on them system summary page. C can recognize them on the go panel and they also provide a response and tampering info. Can you confirm that they will be monitored when I set the alarm to away? I will be away for a few daya and dont want any false alarms.

12 Ok Smoke/Heat N/A

Smoke Detector Kitchen Hallway
Ok Smoke/Heat N/A
Smoke Detector Second Floor
Ok Smoke/Heat N/A
Smoke Detector Rear
Ok Smoke/Heat N/A

1. I am also having some difficulty with
    enrolling some of the other sensors.

A. For example, sensor 5 is set up as excercise room and has a glass break panel. I can confirm that when using learn I get a response. I followed the well written explanation and have monitoring set to 1. it will not appear on alarm.com

B. I have had some problems with the other sensors as well. for example garage interior door will chime when opened but is listed as always closed on alarm. com panel.

1. Some of the sensors may be old so I was thinking of doing a system refresh. Since I have to reset and ch recheck the sensors individually can I swap in a GC3 panel with existing wiring and start from scratch?

I have installed a nexia as back up in 2 houses and also used other z-wave devices so I am trying not to be a total idiot. I do realize that there are always some glitches but think this will be a good system when finally set up

I also see 4 in the alarm.com sensor panel. However, activity monitoring says N/A?

Sensor security monitoring is different than Activity Monitoring. The difference is described here. Activity monitoring is only for real time status of sensors when they would not be monitored for alarms, such as while the panel is disarmed. This mostly applies to door, window, motion detectors.

Activity monitoring does not apply to devices like Smoke detectors because regardless of the arming state of the panel, the smoke detector is either in alarm mode or at rest.

Life safety devices like smoke detectors are always monitored, regardless of whether the panel is armed or not.

For example, sensor 5 is set up as excercise room and has a glass break panel. I can confirm that when using learn I get a response. I followed the well written explanation and have monitoring set to 1. it will not appear on alarm.com

I think there is some confusion. Zone 5 is indeed in Alarm.com. To verify the sensor zones that are learned in, please login to the Alarm.com website and click on the “Sensors” link.

Do not rely on the system summary page as that is just a glimpse of current status for sensors that are chosen for Activity Monitoring.

I have had some problems with the other sensors as well. for example garage interior door will chime when opened but is listed as always closed on alarm. com panel.

Again, I just think there is some confusion. This sensor is opening and closing in your history. You can confirm this by clicking on the History tab.

The status on the website or app will not immediately update any time a sensor is opened while the page is up. Simply refresh the app/webpage after the sensor opens.

Also note that to avoid an overabundance of data processing, there is a delay between like signals from the same sensor updating in Alarm.com. This means that if you open and close the door 10 times in 15 seconds, you will just see “Open/Close” in Alarm.com.

Since I have to reset and ch recheck the sensors individually can I swap in a GC3 panel with existing wiring and start from scratch?

The same sensors are compatible with the GC3. You could reuse cabling but would want to swap the power supply for the one included with the new panel.

Almost there.

The system is working well and I have just about completed everything except the door sensors.

1 question; in the programming mode what is the difference between
Sensor Reports (Enabled/Disabled)
select: Sensor Supervised (Enabled/Disabled)
You recommend that all be set to enabled?

1. One of the issues I have is latency with sensors and notification

For example for the back door sensor, it chimes when I open the door and announces back door.
It reports now as closed. However, I removed the magnet and it’s been five minutes and stil registers closed

1. I would prefer to rely on the motion detectors rather than the door sensors while away to avoid any false alarms.

2. And I do stress to everyone to learn their all clear password. When I called the alarm center to do a test, they had the wrong address. When I corrected it, they asked for my password and I mistakenly gave them duress. they said it was not correct. However, they hung up so I assumed all was ok. the police then came. so I know they do follow protocol!!

Thanks

steve

in the programming mode what is the difference between Sensor Reports (Enabled/Disabled) select: Sensor Supervised (Enabled/Disabled) You recommend that all be set to enabled?

Sensor Reports determines whether the sensor activity is reported to Alarm.com and CS at all. This should always be enabled.

Sensor Supervision refers to the timed “heartbeat” signal from sensors letting the panel know they are still functioning. This helps alert you to signaling issues. This should also be enabled.

For example for the back door sensor, it chimes when I open the door and announces back door. It reports now as closed. However, I removed the magnet and it’s been five minutes and stil registers closed

Is this sensor a DW10-345? I see it is set as that equipment code in programming but it is set as loop 1. A DW10-345 using the magnetic reed switch should use Loop 2. This would explain the issue you are seeing.

To resolve, enter system configuration on the panel, scroll to this sensor, then scroll down to Sensor Loop number. Change to loop 2.

And I do stress to everyone to learn their all clear password. When I called the alarm center to do a test, they had the wrong address. When I corrected it, they asked for my password and I mistakenly gave them duress

Yes, it is very important to know your verbal passcodes and the duress code. The duress code should only be used for hostage situations.

Looking at account history, the street address on file has not changed. It is the same as what shows logged in your initial setup. I think there may be a little confusion here as well or miscommunication with an operator.

You can confirm your current service address in the central station records by logging into suretyDIY and selecting Alarm Subscriptions. View the active subscription and select Central Station. Under the subscription manager you can also find your Insurance Certificate download.