Lock on Sliding Glass Door

I’m curious if you guys have any bright ideas for a zwave lock for a slider? I’ve done a bit of research over on the Vera forums and a zwave lock for a slider sounds like a “holly grail” kind of thing. Given you guys install this stuff professionally, I’m hoping you have some ideas.

Thanks

I’m not aware of anything like that. I’ve been looking for a z-wave lock that is just a relay we could wire to electric strikes or mag locks but so far I haven’t found it.

Yep, that’s what I’ve heard of as well. There is really good reading over on the Vera forums. Once guy installed a zwave deadbolt in the all, under the sheet rock, so that the deadbolt would extend down through the slider frame just behind the top of the door when it is closed. Might get interesting when it’s time to change the batteries.

It frustrates me to no end that no one has developed a device that acts like a z-wave lock but just has a relay output! Imagine all the uses it would have. You could wire it to a mag lock for your sliding door. Small businesses could use it with Alarm.com as a simple, low cost access control system for commercial doors. I’ll bet there would even be a ton of uses for it beyond doors. You could use it to control access to anything that can be controlled by a relay, which is almost everything electric/electronic.