Linear GD00Z installation questions

Some company (VIVINT) decided to run my panel power out to the garage and plug into the overhead outlet. I don’t have a place to plug in my GD00Z on the ceiling so I’d like to wall mount it.

Wait… the signal wire needs to go to the garage door opener and it’s nowhere near long enough. Can I just pick up some extra wire and extend this? What would I need for that? A little splice and extra wire should work in your standard 2-car garage, yes? Am I missing anything that would prevent this setup from working as expected?

I am a bit lazy and don’t want to pop another outlet in the ceiling out there when I already have one on the wall that’s unused.

Thanks for your advice!

That’s what I did. Just bought some wire that was the same size and extended it to reach.

Have you confirmed your opener is compatible with GD00Z? Here is a list of openers that are not compatible. Mainly it doesn’t work with MyQ garage door openers. It works with simple dry contact button openers.

If it is compatible, the easiest way to do it is to put the GD00Z next to the open/close button in your garage. The button has a wire that already goes to the opener. It’s just a simple normally open contact that closes when you push it. If you wire the GD00Z in parallel with the button, either one will be able to open and close the door.