Like to upgrade from simon xt to qolsys iq pane 2 +

Hi,

I currently have Frontpoint and would like to upgrade from Simon XT to a Qolsys IQ Panel 2 plus since Simon XT will not be supported in the future.
Can this be done (they have the same frequencies 319.5)?
It already has a communicator correct?
Do I have to let Frontpoint know?

In the future, I would like to drop Frontpoint and go with another monitoring service like Alarm.com to save $$.

Any guidance appreciated.

V

Yes, the IQ Panel 2+ included in our bundles here is the 319.5Mhz legacy radio version.

Yep, the IQ Panel 2+ has a built in LTE communicator and wifi for dual path.

Do I have to let Frontpoint know? In the future, I would like to drop Frontpoint and go with another monitoring service like Alarm.com to save $$.

Clarification: Alarm.com is the provider of the back-end system control software and app. They do not sell directly. Alarm.com service is purchased through dealers. Frontpoint is an Alarm.com dealer. So is Surety.

If you are asking about using the new IQ panel with Frontpoint, I can’t really provide answers there, you would need to contact them for info. As far as I know, they have switched to only swapping panels for their proprietary hub. They would be the ones to ask though.

If you are looking to switch to Surety, I can definitely help! If you are getting started with a new IQ Panel 2+ you wouldn’t need anything other than to purchase the desired bundle on our website.

I just cancelled my contract and looking to join Surety. Can I order the new panel now with a plan and also how do transfer over my alarm permit? Looking forward to setting up the new panel and features.

Yep, panels come with a free first month of service and activation is performed on our website any time after you receive your panel.

Most city alarm permits I am familiar with need to your register the monitoring company’s name, and you may need to update the permit with the city. Please be sure to reach out to your local authority to determine what might be needed. Otherwise, when you have a permit number, you can submit it to us via email or Private message and we will associate it with your monitoring account.