Lights Dont Come on after Daylight Savings Change

The new Ferrari 488 is technically a Fiat

Fiat rated the most unreliable according to consumer reports 2015

Compared to Telguard/Telular and Uplink backend providers, ADC is more polished, feature rich and reliable. For 2GIG users there are though other ADC competitors, other options, and dozens of Dealers. So for those who want to say ‘bye bye’, don’t let the door hit you on your way out.

On a side note, my lights came on tonight. Both of them. Did not touch a thing.

ADC did. Your rules were rebuilt yesterday. Same result as deleting the rules in Alarm.com and recreating them.

Jason, thanks for the pointing me over here. You asked above is anyone’s rules completely failed, mine did the night before last which included the thermostat schedule. Ever since then all rules/automation have ran successfully, I did NOT delete or rebuild my rules, just had a look at them to make sure nothing changed and turned on the garage/inside lights at the panel and adjusted the thermostat manually.

“ADC did. Your rules were rebuilt yesterday. Same result as deleting the rules in Alarm.com and recreating them.”

So will it be required that my rules need to be rebuilt every daylight savings time change?

Will you or ADC be doing this automatically or will I have to wait for it to fail each time?

So will it be required that my rules need to be rebuilt every daylight savings time change?

That is clearly not a solution. It is troubleshooting and applying an acute fix. I’ve been told Alarm.com is aware of and developing a solution to this issue as we speak. Please let us know if you notice further strange behavior. Note which rule(s) failed and when they were intended to run. The more info available the easier it will be to track and resolve.

Based on what I am seeing, I would agree with Riven’s suggestion that a wide update started 11/9. I’ll see if the culprit was found, if it was a singular issue, (it looks like some of these didn’t occur until the date of the update and then resolved themselves.) though they likely won’t have definitive info until more testing is done.

Could you please “revive” this thread when they tell you it is all solved? It would be nice to know that they took care of it.

Better you to revive it before Daylight savings time than us customers. Ha Ha

Of course. I am expecting an update by Friday one way or the other. Please do let us know if you continue to notice any issues.

all of my lights that were tied to “sunset” failed to come on tonight…

I was able to turn on manually through the website portal.

Thank you. I will update Alarm.com regarding your account.

Jason,

Will they work on correcting this soon? I am going to be out of town and I would like my lights to come on when I am gone. Its a security issue now.

Alarm.com is actively working on resolution.

Lights did not come on again tonight

"Of course. I am expecting an update by Friday one way or the other. Please do let us know if you continue to notice any issues. "

Lights did not come on again and it is Friday. Did you receive any updates?

Many of my rules are not working

A few don’t start when they are supposed to.

Others stay on beyond the supposed time.

Also I have a rule that is linked to the motion detector, when there is motion in the garage, the lights are supposed to turn on for 10 minutes…but they are on only for about a minute and then they go off.

Should I post in a different thread or this one is OK?

thanks

I’ve been told a cause has been pinpointed and an update will be occurring soon to fix DST lighting issues. When the update goes out I will post.

can you please drive to get them to fix this? I don’t have faith that they will make this a priority otherwise. Like I have said, I have been through this many times before.

It has been reported to me that causes were discovered. Updates are going on now. The rule creation process is being overhauled a bit as well.

Hi. I’m having a similar issue with a lighting schedule that’s based on sunset. Recently, after DST change, the schedules became very unstable. Sometimes they would turn on - but not off. Other times they would not turn on. If I turned them on manually - they would not turn off automatically.

I deleted the original sunset based schedules, and created new schedules that are based just on Time of Day. These schedules seem to be operating ok.

I’m using a 2GIG panel. This problem only started after the last DST Change. Is this a known problem? If so, any fix for it?

Thanks,
Glenn

Glenn,

Its a known problem after arguing and arguing with ADC on multiple DST changes over the years.

Like I predicted, you have to spend tons of time arguing as they try to blame your equipment, it then takes weeks to fix, then the next DST wash, rinse, and repeat.

Please read this thread from the beginning and you will get a good idea of the problem and current state.

No current fix as of this writing.

But you stated that you deleted the rules and now its working fine? Just want to make sure I am understanding you correctly.

When did you do this?

You will see the most trouble with Sunrise/sunset rules currently. The error has been found and updates are being applied to rule creation/current rules.