Lighting schedule

I have my outdoor and living-room lights set to be turned on at sunset through alarm.com and usually it seems to be on time. However today it is the second time in about 2 months both the lights have been turned on at about 3pm. Sunset is listed as at about 5 pm. I’m in the Pacific time zone. I have a Qolsys IQ panel 4. None of the settings have been changed. Is there some problem with the time zones not being correct occasionally at
alarm.com, or is it something else? Thanks.

Time zone details wouldn’t change day to day. Normally my first instinct would be to check if they had actually been turned off from the prior night, or if they had been manually turned on by another person. However, looking at the history, looks like they actually have almost exactly 15 minutes between the two “On” events in history, suggesting they followed your schedule, just two hours early.

I’m resending the location and time data to your panel which may help resolve it. Can you let me know if you see this happen again and what day it occurs?

Again the lights were turned on again automatically about 2 hours before sunset with the lamp coming on about 15 min before the outside lights. This was today Sunday Jan. 23. They had been functioning on time since you reset the location and time days on my panel on my panel last week. Any ideas?

We’ve heard this reported quite a few times lately. There seems to be a bug in the sunset calculations for panel automation. Having Alarm.com send some rule rebuild commands has resolved it in other cases.

I have requested they send those to your system. I will confirm when complete so you can test.

Just confirming Alarm.com has sent those commands, let us know if you still see issues with sunset rules going forward.

Today Sunday, the Front outdoor lights turned on at 3:06pm, should be at sunset. The Living-room floor Lamp turned on correctly at 15 min before sunset. After the commands were re-sent 4 days ago, 1/26: outdoor didn’t turn off at all and Liv rm didn’t turn on. Then for the next several days the lights followed the correct schedule until today. Would resending the commands to the panel help?

I’ve sent some commands to try and resolve again, however it is likely to recur until the cause of the bug is resolved by ADC.