Leak Detector - Device Unknown

I’ve paired both a Utilitech/Everspring TST01-1 and a Fibaro Flood Sensor to my 2GIG panel. The alarm.com dashboard shows both devices as unknown.

Dashboard also shows that I have no water management devices. I can’t set up notifications either. Am I doing something wrong?

Ah, yes, Z-wave Flood Sensors (and all Z-wave Sensors in general) are not typically compatible with any Alarm panels. Command classes for z-wave sensors are not enabled. The panel’s Z-wave radio does not affect the alarm state of the panel.

Alarm panels will utilize sensors in their corresponding RF frequency. (For 2GIG, an RE219, for example)

See below info on water management:

"It is not one particular part or product that is specifically designed for monitoring your sump pump. In the case of the previously mentioned blog post from Alarm.com, it is two separate parts.

It requires you to install a Water Sensor and a Heavy Duty Smart Switch. Depending on which panel you are using would determine the appropriate part to purchase. As an example, you could use a Resolution Products 119/219 Flood Temp Sensor and an Aeon Labs Heavy Duty Smart Switch, provided the smart switch works with your panel correctly.

The two working in tandem can detect when your Sump Pump fails (the Heavy Duty Smart Switch takes care of this function) and when the water level gets too high (this is the Water Sensor’s job).

In addition to having these installed, you need to be signed up for the Gold Interactive Package and have the Water Management add on activated." - From here.

I’m not really following what you’re saying.

Alarm panels are not compatible with sensors because command classes are not enabled? Any way to enable?

Not sure how RF frequency relates…can you explain?

Are you saying the RE219 would work in my case? I’m not looking for a switch to interrupt power. Merely wanting alarm.com to notify me when the sensor detects water.

Thanks!

Z-wave is a specific wireless communication method. Security sensors compatible with panels do not use Z-wave. I think it was only very recently (months ago) that Z-wave as a communication method was UL certified for security application, so it has never been used by mainstream panels for security purposes.

Z-wave is a mesh network with a fairly small range. The panels use a different frequency RF for security/life safety devices (2GIG is 345mhz)

Z-wave sensors are typically not compatible with alarm panels. Z-wave is instead the automation wireless communication method (used by lights, locks, thermostats, etc.)

Your panel has a Z-wave radio as well as a sensor RF radio. For a flood sensor, you would currently need to use a 345mhz flood sensor with a 2GIG panel.

The RE219 is a compatible 345mhz flood sensor for the 2GIG panel.

You can use Alarm.com notifications then to be alerted if the RE219 detects water.

That makes sense. I was under the impression all devices (including security) were connected to the panel via z-wave.

Good info to know. Looks like I will be ordering the RE219 from you guys. Thanks!