latest on RA2 Select(R2S) & ADC?

I just had convo with Lutron Dealer Tech support…FWIW generally they are very competent.

Lutron Rep said R2S is based on (essentially the same as) the Caseta Platform and works with ADC now. Lutron Rep mentioned ADC & R2S was in their training materials internally, even if a little bit less-than-clear on the interwebs of the OEMs…

Lutron said register hub just like Caseta unit on ADC and roll on. Are there Casta ADC instructions available (PDF)?

Also, will you get some confirmation/comment via ADC Dealer contacts on this (again). Perhaps RA2 Select does in fact (moslty) work but they are not claiming RA2 Select as only ADC support materials and training are missing? Dunno.

I am going to roll with R2S about 2/3 weeks and we’ll see for sure. Even if that bombs or buggy now as Caseta-like registration, I’ll gamble on future official ADC support.

Core ADC functionality I think is trigger entry-arrival, departure, and a few security-related alert lighting scenes via back-end to Lutron RA2/Caseta hub.

Currently, the RadioRA 2 Select is not listed as compatible through Alarm.com and ADC does not have an ETA on compatibility at this time. So it is not guaranteed to work. While Lutron may state that it functions like Caseta, support is usually determined by serial numbers and the RA2 Select would have a different pool.

To add Caseta integration, login to your Alarm.com page and under Settings -> Devices there will be an option to add Lutron Caseta. The rest of the steps are laid out through the page.

Note that this would only be an option for suretyDIY users with the Gold Interactive plan.

Thanks for the response. Serial number is very likely limiter as you guys indicate. I suspect Lutron can get any serial number into ADC for “development”…we cannot. So Lutron said what they said about good-to-go now. Nobody’s fibbin’ sorta…

We’ll see in a few weeks and I’ll gamble on the, in my view, likely future official and harmonized ADC integration support for R2S from both OEMs…

We’ll see in a few weeks and I’ll gamble on the, in my view, likely future official and harmonized ADC integration support for R2S from both OEMs…

Yeah, it may work the same as Caseta accounts and may just work out of the gate. I haven’t had any access to Select. We just want to set expectations though, as you need the Smart Bridge Pro to connect your Caseta account (there is a different model that does not permit integration.) So even within Caseta devices it is not all the same.

I’ve no doubt it would be supported down the road though. We’ve been told it is actively being worked on and Lutron backs that up with their statements.

I can confirm! RA2 Select integrates with ADC via:
“To add Caseta integration, login to your Alarm.com page and under Settings -> Devices there will be an option to add Lutron Caseta.”

FYI RA2 Select uses the SAME iOS App as Caseta.

Is there any method to *delete" a Lutron device from showing in ADC? I have a lot of lights and only a subset are needed. Lota clutter. Not gonna manage the Dining Room Chandelier from ADC…ever! Even the picos show up but without any apperent function or descriptive labels.

As with Sprinkler integration, will need to rename some of the devices in ADC for clarity as only a portion of the heierical descriptive device label was imported from Lutron’s cloud into ADC… ex. in Lutron App a device label is “Kitchen/Main Lights” — all ADC shows is “Main Lights” labels … several of them!

I want “Main Lights” in Garage for ADC arrival scene… NOT “Main Lights” in the “Basement Game Area” (those types of devices should be hidden or deleted in ADC IMHO) etc.

As with Sprinkler integration, will need to rename some of the devices in ADC for clarity as only a portion of the heierical descriptive device label was imported from Lutron’s cloud into ADC… ex. in Lutron App a device label is “Kitchen/Main Lights” — all ADC shows is “Main Lights” labels … several of them!

ADC is sent the device name, but not the room/area, note in the Lutron app devices are grouped into rooms/areas (I forget the exact terminology they use) like the Kitchen, Living Room, etc. So if there are Kitchen - Main Lights and Living Room - Main Lights, you will have two “Main Lights” in ADC.

You can rename lights by clicking on the lights card and clicking the config gear on each light you wish to rename.

Is there any method to *delete” a Lutron device from showing in ADC? I have a lot of lights and only a subset are needed. Lota clutter. Not gonna manage the Dining Room Chandelier from ADC…ever! Even the picos show up but without any apperent function or descriptive labels.

No, devices cannot be selectively deleted. This is a syncing process on the back end, so any sync would reverse the removal of a device in ADC.

You can use the ADC groups option to group those lights you wish to use and ones you wish to not use in separate groups for organization.