Kwikset 914 not pairing

I’m a new customer and will probably have a lot of questions, so apologies. My first issue is that I can’t get my Kwikset 914 smart lock to pair with my system. I’ve tried to add it through the IQ Panel 4 and through the Alarm.com app, but it never works. I get to the point where it says to press “A” on the lock to add it to the system, but it just never finds it. Any idea what I’m doing wrong?

Happy to help! The most likely issue is that it has parent network data and needs cleared first before it can be added.

Follow the steps in the guide below to get started with Z-wave devices.

Thanks. It’s possible I’m doing something wrong, but I’ve tried this before. In the panel, I go to Z-wave / Clear device. Then I go to press the learn button on my lock (A button 4 times) and the red light flashes once to indicate it’s in learn mode. But then nothing happens on the panel. It just tells me that it times out and gives me status code 514.

How far away is the lock from the panel when you are doing this? It needs to be within about 6 feet.

I would recommend using new batteries as well, in case this lock has been used for a while.

The lock is brand new as are the batteries, and I moved the panel to right next to the lock.

Do you have any other Z-wave devices you plan to add that you can test?

If you run a daughtercard test does the Z-wave test fail?

Settings > Advanced Settings > Installer Code > System Tests > Daughter Card Tests.

Unfortunately I don’t have any other ZWave devices. The daughter card test does pass though.

There are Zigbee models of the 914. Those wouldn’t work with the panel. Can you triple check that lock and whether it is the Z-wave or Zigbee model on its included documentation?

The “Pressing the A Button 4 times” is instruction from the Zigbee manual, in fact, so that is likely the issue here.

Aha that’s it. Looks like I have some shopping to do. Thanks!