Issues Post 2GIG Panel Swap

All

Just to close the loop on this:
The configuration restore was successful after I ran a second cell phone test.

Two minor issues:
The panel is still showing the 2GIG logo in the lower right corner. Previously it showed the SuretyDIY logo. – I couldn’t care less but want to make sure this is not an indication of some other problem.
The panel is not showing any weather information. – Will this get populated over time?

Also, as expected I had to manually re-add the TS1 keyapd and the GoBridge, but both seem to be working fine.

Still struggling to re-add one of my ZWave dimmers… :frowning:

thanks

More than happy to assist!

The panel is still showing the 2GIG logo in the lower right corner. Previously it showed the SuretyDIY logo. — I couldn’t care less but want to make sure this is not an indication of some other problem.

Not indicative of any problem. The logo just does not get pushed during the panel swap process.

The panel is not showing any weather information. — Will this get populated over time?

Like the logo, weather does not get pushed either. Commands have been sent to send this to panel. Weather should populate shortly. Has it populated?

Still struggling to re-add one of my ZWave dimmers

Any issue in particular? We’d be happy to help!

Commands to send the panel logo have been sent, any change?

Tyler,

I can confirm that weather information is now showing on the panel as well as on the TS1, thanks! – And while I was typing this the SuretyDIY logo showed up as well. :slight_smile:

I also managed to sort out the ZWave problem. The Aeon Labs DSC25-ZWUS plug-in dimmer was giving me grief but I managed to resolve the issue.

Your team did a great job guiding me through this! – However, there were two things that required a little more research. – Let me document this here in the hopes that other folks will find this useful when they have to go through a panel swap:

ZWave Devices

I think for a panel swap I’d recommend that you first remove all the ZWave devices from your network before you begin the panel swap. I got all my ZWave devices to eventually re-pair, but the devices first need to be removed from the old ZWave network, which only seems to work if the device is in close proximity to the new panel:

• Bring the device in close proximity to the panel if possible. I used an extension cord to plug in the Aeon Labs dimmer and to held it directly in front of the panel.
  • From the ZWave toolbox select "remove device"
  • Push the button on the ZWave device. Wait till the panel displays "a device has been removed from another network".
  • At this point you should be able to add the device using "add device" from the panel's ZWave toolbox (and by pushing the button on the ZWave device again.
  • Renaming a ZWave device on the panel will NOT push the name to alarm.com. You have to log into your alarm.com account and rename the devices there as well. This will cause the names to also get pushed out to the mobile app on your cell phone.

Learning an unpaired ZWave device into the panel seems to work over larger distances. But removing a ZWave device from another network using “remove device” only seems to work when the device is in close proximity to the new panel.

TS1 and GoBridge

Two more pieces of info that might be helpful for folks:

• In order to re-pair a TS1 with the new panel, you need to reset the TS1 to factory new condition: Do this by pressing and holding down both buttons on the TS1 for about a minute (until the display fades to all white). If you then let go of the buttons the TS1 will come up un-paired. To pair it with the new panel follow instructions on how to learn a new TS1 into a 2GIG GC2 panel.
  • You also need to re-pair the GoBridge. -- In order to break the GoBridge's pairing with the old panel, take a paper clip and reset the device by pushing down the reset button in the small hole on the back of the device while the GoBridge is powered on. This will reset the GoBridge. Now follow instructions on how to pair a new GoBridge with a GC2 panel.

Thanks again to everyone for their help!

red_smurf
Learning an unpaired ZWave device into the panel seems to work over larger distances. But removing a ZWave device from another network using “remove device” only seems to work when the device is in close proximity to the new panel.

In general, unless the device is specifically a Network Wide Inclusion device like the RTS, it should be both removed and learned into the panel with the panel in close proximity. Especially with devices like locks and thermostats, too much distance can cause a lot of issues during the process. As a general rule, always learn them in within about 6 feet or so.

Two more pieces of info that might be helpful for folks:

Yes, all 900MHZ devices will need to be re-paired with the panel, these are good tips! Thank you for the follow up.