Issue with SkyBell Storing Clips and Alarm.com

We used to see video clips whenever the doorbell was pushed or there was motion at the front doorbell. We are sometimes notified, but there are no stored video clips. What happened?

It looked like it worked for the 1st month or so, but hasn’t been storing video clips for some time now (1-3 months?).

Typically the best steps to take when a recording schedule fails, in order:

1. Check to make sure schedules are not paused/limit has not been reached.
  2. Power Cycle the device.
  3. Delete and recreate schedules. Wait 10 minutes then test.

In this case there may be additional concerns. I do see poor signal quality and strength being reported. I can only see two weeks of history for signal strength, but it has been routinely low during that time. Has your router or access point been moved since installing the Skybell?

Do you have any trouble accessing live feed?
How long does it take to connect to the Skybell video feed in the app?
After trying the above troubleshooting steps, do you get any recordings uploaded?

I have the exact same issue. It works great and after 30-60 days it just stops recording. To get it back to working I have to do a complete removal and re-add the device. Signal strength is max, no power outages or flickers any of the times. Super annoying because it always goes out at the most inopportune times. It’s also a pain to rebuild the entire device every time. Why don’t they have a reboot on the app is question number 1.

I should add that the live video feed and audio function work normal and never have issue. I just don’t get any notifications from alarm.com or any recordings from motion or push.

I should add that the live video feed and audio function work normal and never have issue. I just don’t get any notifications from alarm.com or any recordings from motion or push.

It doesn’t appear that this is related to a suretyDIY subscription so I wouldn’t be able to verify, but is this perhaps related to video quota? There is an upload limit on Alarm.com video services which would be present for other dealers. I could not say what the limit would be for you if you do not use suretyDIY as your dealer, but if your video upload limit is reached recordings would cease but you would still have access to other functions as described.

You would need to unpause these recording schedules after the upload limits are reset monthly. Removing and re-adding the Skybell would remove and re-apply the schedules.