IQ4 or Edge (remote panel power, sensors)

Like many, trying to figure out what to upgrade to. I’ve got a GC3 that needs the LTE upgrade but instead of dumping money into a module, I was considering upgrading to a new panel.

I see that the IQ4 is preferred Surety solution but there are a couple of hang-ups I need to resolve.

1. Remote panel power - Today my GC3 is powered via 14vdc and a power supply in a closet where the old DSC system was (20-25ft away) with 16 or 18ga wire. It looks like the IQ4 is powered by a 7v adapter which will drop the voltage by 11-18%. The 2gig Edge is still using 14vdc so the voltage drop will be negligible.

2. Remote keypads - I’ve got 2 2gig battery powered keypads but I don’t see anything similar from Qolsys other than a Qolsys remote (can’t be remotely powered) or PowerG keypads ($80-$120 a piece but can be powered at a distance).

3. Need to replace all my existing sensors. This is half-ok because none of my sensors today are encrypted BUT would be made easier if the IQ4 with 345mhz were available which it’s not.

As much as the lack of updates and consistency in product line annoy me with 2gig, the above wouldn’t be challenges with the Edge and I could upgrade to encrypted sensors over time.

Happy to help.

Remote panel power - Today my GC3 is powered via 14vdc and a power supply in a closet where the old DSC system was (20-25ft away) with 16 or 18ga wire. It looks like the IQ4 is powered by a 7v adapter which will drop the voltage by 11-18%. The 2gig Edge is still using 14vdc so the voltage drop will be negligible.

18AWG over a distance of 20-25 feet would be fine.

Remote keypads - I’ve got 2 2gig battery powered keypads but I don’t see anything similar from Qolsys other than a Qolsys remote (can’t be remotely powered) or PowerG keypads ($80-$120 a piece but can be powered at a distance).

The WS9LCDWF9 would be a keypad capable of being battery powered that is compatible with the Qolsys panel.

Need to replace all my existing sensors. This is half-ok because none of my sensors today are encrypted BUT would be made easier if the IQ4 with 345mhz were available which it’s not

The 345Mhz version of the IQ Panel 4 is now available. See below:

Edge is also a supported panel, but we do not sell it. With either new panel you can switch the panel associated with your account at any time by visiting our system manager here and selecting Swap Cellular Module/Panel.

If you choose the Edge, please disable Severe Weather Alerts first and then swap the module if you have it enabled as it is not compatible with the Edge.