IQ smoke problem?

I purchased a new IQ Smoke smoke but it appears the unit may have been dead on arrival. When I install the batteries I get nothing-- no blinks, beeps, etc.
What is the normal behavior for this device when batteries are installed?

The LED should blink once every 12 seconds.

Also, if you hold the test button down for 5 seconds it should go into alarm. Double check that the battery is good and installed properly. If so, and it’s not working, we’ll have to do a replacement.

I did get it working. Turns out it took about 5-6 full minutes to initialize for the first time. Working great now.

1 Like

Can someone clarify the smoke actions during an alarm state?
As I understand it, the smoke it active regardless if the alarm is armed or not. That is, whenever the smoke is triggered by heat/smoke, the smoke alarm will sounds it’s siren, along with triggering the Qolsys siren and I will receive a call from Central station monitoring. Is this correct?

Depending on if u have 2 way voice if u have 2way voice they will reach u over the panel if no answer they will dispatch but they will either do 2 way voice or call first depending on how you have it set up

That’s correct. Life safety sensors like smoke and CO detectors will raise an alarm any time. Even when the system is not armed.