IQ Secondary Panel not functioning

I have a fairly new IQ secondary remote panel that has been working fine until this week. The panel now does not power up. When depressing the power button on the side a white Battery icon appears (which appears to be filled in, it’s solid white) and then goes away and that’s all I get. I verified that I’m getting about 7.5V at the power connector which seems to be within spec. Nothing in particular led to this happening. The primary panel is working just fine in a different room.

Any suggestions, or should I seek a warranty replacement?

Just to be 100% are you holding down the button to try and boot it up? You need to keep holding the button for a few seconds after the battery icon displays.

I can triple check but I was holding that button down for probably 10 seconds or so and nothing happening.

Also don’t know why this would be happening in the first place? It was working fine, then this happened.

It is difficult to say based on the description the cause. Did you update your panel firmware recently?

You should see the battery icon and the android logo. Try holding the button for about 10-15 seconds, or until you see the Qolsys logo. Any luck?

If possible would you be able to send us a link to a video of the boot up attempt if you still have trouble after trying again?