IQ Secondary panel not connecting to wireless

My secondary panel for the past few days can’t connect to the main panel. When I try to reconnect, it says “make sure your connected to a wireless network.” When I try to connect to my network, it says authenticating, then connected, and then goes back to authenticating. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Are you connecting the IQ Remote to your wifi network, or are you using the IQ Panel access point settings?

If you are having trouble with it on your wifi, it is recommended to enable access point settings on the IQ Panel, then connect the IQ Remote to the access point instead of your home wifi.

The settings are found on the panel under Settings > Advanced Settings > Installation > Devices > Wifi Devices > Access Point Settings.

Hi Jason,

I’m using my Wi-Fi. I tried connecting to the access point but the secondary panel is just spinning and says “initializing the app.”

Can you reboot that IQ Remote and IQ Panel, then try connecting again?

I did that and they both see each other through the AP but now my main panel can’t connect to WiFi. It says “not connected and when I go to set it up, I select my SSID, it shows authenticating, then saved, but won’t actually connect to the network.

Did you recently change your wifi password? It is sounding like the IQ Remote couldn’t authenticate on the wifi network (disconnecting it from the IQ Panel) and the IQ Panel can’t either.

Triple check that the network key is correct.

Next I would update firmware, though that will require a network connection for the IQ Panel:

Additionally, I would reboot your router then try connecting again.

No the password is the same.

How do I reapply the password? Do I select “forget” network?

It seems like the SSID password is stored in there.

Yes, forget the network then reconnect. I would reboot the router first to be sure.

So, I brought the secondary panel back to the room it was in and it now can’t connect to the main panel anymore. The reason why it worked before, when it was connected to Wi-Fi is that I have a Wi-Fi extender near the room it’s in.

I have Tv’s in the area and they seem to be working fine off of the Wi-Fi.

I have Tv’s in the area and they seem to be working fine off of the Wi-Fi.

The main concern is not whether or not the IQ Remote can connect to the home wifi reliably, the issue is it is relying on a LAN connection to the IQ Panel 4, and there are a number of ways that the default setup of many routers can interrupt and prevent that connection.

The IQ Panel and IQ Remote must be on the same LAN, same band. So if you use the same SSID for 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz networks, they will often disconnect frequently. Do you use the same SSID for both bands? A separate unique 2.4 Ghz network is recommended for connecting the panel and remote.

Some routers use band steering aggressively, which ensures your phone has the best coverage and download speed as you move around, but is detrimental to static devices like the panels and cameras.

The recommendation to try the access point mode is an easy way to get around that by connecting the remote directly, but if distance is an issue then a unique 2.4Ghz SSID on your extender can help resolve