IQ Remote Secondary Panel Won't Power on

Perhaps he underlying reason they switched to a different power solution so quickly was due to this discovered problem and hoping no one would catch them in their coverup.

So I’ve not heard of any similar issues with any power supplies in the field, and the units were replaced due to (from my knowledge) dealer complaints that the QW02 wasn’t able to be used like other keypads that were being replaced due to voltage drop. They designed the new models to effectively accept a wider power input range and upped the voltage on the power supply.

I don’t think there are any conspiracies going on.

I got word back from Qolsys and I do have access to one replacement power supply for the QW02 if you would like to try that to see if it resolves the issue you are having.

Any suggestion regarding what might cause the damage you are reporting to the existing supply would be a guess on my part right now. If you would like to send us a photo of that unit and the damage I can forward it to Qolsys and see if they have any known potential causes or if it is a one off failure.

Sure, that would be great.

The smell of the power supply when I opened the case was the most revealing, here is a picture of the case itself that had started to melt. The “bubble” in the case is directly over the “top” of the primary capacitor.

1 Like

Thanks I will forward that image to them. Please send us a private message or send an email to support@suretyhome.com with the shipping address where you would like the replacement sent.