IQ Recessed Door Sensor Reporting Tamper

I installed 4 of these sensors today and one of them consistently reports a Tamper. I have the top on it securely. How is the tamper triggered with these? I don’t see a button or anything.

Thanks!

Is that sensor reporting open and closed normally right now if you open it? Will it update its status with the panel at all? I see it has reported tamper for about 24 hours now.

Is it in a metal door?

It is reporting open and closed just fine.

It is in a wood frame in a metal skinned door. It is replacing a 2gig sensor that was installed in the same fashion

How is the tamper triggered?

So that is the strange part, the IQ Recessed shouldn’t throw a tamper according to Qolsys.

Did you previously have a different sensor type learned into that zone?

Was the panel itself reporting tamper or just in Alarm.com?

FYI I sent a couple commands to check on and update the status of the panel in Alarm.com, and that tamper condition is no longer there. It’s possible that was just a status stuck in ADC if it is not actually showing on the panel.

Got it. I updated the Panel from a GC2 to a IQ 2+ and replaced all sensors on Sunday. Maybe it was an old tamper from when I removed the old sensor or something. No longer showing in Alarm.com so hopefully all good. Thanks!

Ok, FYI I got clarification from Qolsys on that model, since their website indicated it sent tampers, it is just a tamper signal that gets sent when the battery is disconnected and reconnects. After reconnecting with the reed switch closed a tamper is thrown and resolved right away. It sounds likely that ADC just never got the confirmed restoral.