IQ Qolsys 2+ Powerg

After adding 5 Powerg Door/window sensors to the system and verifying they were working correctly I rebooted the system. Once the system powered back up some of the Powerg sensors are stuck in a synchronization loop. I can resolve the issue when I delete the effected Powerg sensors and add them again. What is a permanent solution for this issue ?

What software version are you running? There is a known issue in versions 2.5.3 and 2.5.4. If you are running either of these version, you should update to 2.5.5 using the patch tag “iqpanel2.5.5”. After the panel has finished updating, delete all PowerG sensors and then learn them back in.

It is software version 2.5.3 in the panel. How do I update it? When I selected check for updates it says current software is up to date.

Follow the steps here to update the firmware. You can add that thread to your watch list (click the bell icon to the right) to be notified when new versions are released and instructions added.

1.) Downloaded the 2.5.5 patch
2.) Rebooted system
3.) Deleted all Powerg sensors
4.) Rebooted system
5.) Added the 10 Powerg sensors back to the system
6.) Wait 15 minutes
7.)Rebooted system
8.) After 5 minutes 4 of the sensors are still trying to sync

Did I miss a step or what can I try different ?

I powered the panel down for 10 minutes then started the system and within a few minutes all Powerg sensors had synced. Maybe I am just getting impatient and not giving the sensors enough time to sync. With Powerg what is the expected time from reboot until all sensors sync ?

Are you referring to the Installation Wizard Sensor Test Screen for PowerG shortly after startup? I haven’t noticed a specific time that is a magic number here but clearing the sensor signal then tripping the sensors seems to resolve quickly.

What happens when you test PowerG sensors via the System Tests screen under Advanced Settings?

After rebooting the panel the main screen is displayed. On the right side under the active tab powerg sensors are displaying a revolving circle. If I go to the Powerg test screen it is showing the status as synchronizing. After rebooting several times this afternoon the condition has went away within 15-30 minutes.

Thanks of the clarification, what you are encountering is normal as PowerG works via two way communication and a delay can be expected after a reboot.

The more PowerG devices you have could potentially cause more of a delay. A few moments after boot up, tripping the PowerG sensors could help speed that process along.

Thanks for the responses.