IQ Panel Stay-Alarmed itself

The history says I set the Alarm to Stay and then a couple hours later when I opened a door the alarm went off blaring.

I didn’t set it to Stay, and no one touched the alarm panel.

Definitely a random event and it’s never happened before.

Any help?

Looking at the available info on our end, it looks like your panel is not reporting any user data at all, not even syncing the code for the master user (which can’t be deleted and is always there). There is definitely a strange issue occurring which may be relevant to the issue you saw. I’m sending a command to the panel to try to sync up the ADC back end with what is saved at the panel.

Do you currently need to enter a code in order to arm the system locally at the panel?

When strange issues that seem unexplainable occur, it is usually a good first step to try and reboot the panel. Rebooting will restart all of its software processes and can often resolve problems.

You can find the reboot option on the panel under Settings > (Enter Installer Code) > Panel Reboot.

Yep, need to enter a code to arm at panel.

Rebooted it just now.

Thanks.

Aha, I see why the user reports looked so strange. This is a Surety Automate plan. The new Alarm.com automation only plans do not support remote arming or user code management for the panel, only for locks if they are present. My apologies.

ADC received a report from the panel that your specific user armed the panel locally. This is normal with requiring user codes to arm, but of course only if someone actually armed.

Out of curiosity, how many users have codes on the panel locally? Are you the user with a code in the second user slot on the panel?

So the User reports are ok?

There are 2 users and 1 admin.

The second user in the number 2 slot could be erased as it’s never used. I’ll need to look up how to do that.

User reports are fine. It is expected that no codes would sync with no devices that can use them (with Automate plan).

Remote arming is not possible through the Automate plan. The event you referenced is indeed the panel being armed locally. Are there any other users locally that may have done it?

When you say locally does that include keyfobs, or only arming at the panel itself?

Yeah there are other users but everyone was sitting down when the alarm went off.

When you say locally does that include keyfobs, or only arming at the panel itself?

Locally arming would also include keyfobs. That is unlikely as the source, given that a specific user was attributed to it in the panel report to Alarm.com. If you are certain no one armed it manually, a keyfob is possible.

Yeah there are other users but everyone was sitting down when the alarm went off.

Just to clarify, arming the system just places it in a state where opening a sensor will set off the alarm. The original post stated that you opened a door and the alarm went off at that time. This would be expected.

The arming event was hours prior. No one would need to have interacted with the panel at the time that the alarm started going off. Would any of the other users have armed the system prior to the alarm event?

Not intentionally no, the keyfobs concern me though as they hang where the rest of the keys are. I’m gonna relocate them to make sure.