IQ Panel Black

Good morning,

My IQ Panel was black this morning, the touch screen worked but my wife wasn’t able to disarm the alarm as she couldn’t see the numbers on the panel, triggering an alarm.
I pulled the power and left for ~30mins and the screen came back, but the middle is blinking? Is my panel dying?
The grey/black lines area is flashing/blinking

I took the latest update to see if a reboot would fix it. Though its about 5% better than when it came back.

The last time we used the panel was the weekend and it was fine, there was a tornado warning and I cleared it. No blinking in the middle section.

Thanks

I’m sorry to hear you are running into this issue. First thing you will want to do is fully power down the unit. Navigate to Settings > ADV Settings > Power Down.

Next remove the power supply, open the panel and unplug the internal battery. Leave the whole unit powered down completely for about 10 minutes. Check the power supply to make sure its in a working, non switched outlet.

Then power it back up, battery first then power supply. Any change?

Just did it, its a little better, I can still see the blinking but its not as pronounced.

Are the terminals on the power supply loose at all? May want to power down and check that as well.

Is the backplate attached firmly?

Does the panel use the included power supply and have any changes been made to the cable run?

No, to the terminals on the power supply, I am using the wall wart that plugs into the socket. (Included power supply) Nothing at the outlet has changed or I can check.
I made sure the backplate was attached firmly.
Nothings has changed, other than I may have plugged it into the bottom outlet as opposed to the top.

I went to check up on it and its fine now! Strange guess it need a little rest… I will keep an eye on it and let you know.

Appreciate the troubleshooting Tyler!

Thank you for that information, please let us know if there are any changes in behavior.

I notice that your FW is older, on 2.4.2. You will want to update this when able, you can find FW patch notes here.

Thanks updated!