IQ Panel 4 blinking red and unresponsive

Randomly this evening the IQ Panel 4 started blinking red and is completely unresponsive (screen is off). There was no inciting event (not even a door/window opening). I walked past it and it was normal, a minute later my wife noticed it was blinking red.

Window/door opening/closing no longer produces an audible sound. In the ADC app, I cannot arm this system (was disarmed at time when red lights started).

I’ve tried holding the side button down for 30+ seconds with no change. I did an extended power down (disconnected both power supply and battery). Brought it back up with just the power supply first (no change in blinking red light/responsiveness), then connected the battery with no luck. I am using the included power supply.

This panel is less than 9 months old. Is there a fix for this? Thank you.

I’ve tried holding the side button down for 30+ seconds with no change. I did an extended power down (disconnected both power supply and battery). Brought it back up with just the power supply first (no change in blinking red light/responsiveness), then connected the battery with no luck. I am using the included power supply.

Happy to assist! Troubleshootin steps look good here but to check:

• If you are using the included 7V power supply, are you able to test voltage? If so what is the result?
  • Are you using the included power cable, or a pre-existing wirerun?
    • If you are using a pre-existing wire run:
      • How long is the run and what guage is the wire?
  • Was there an outage?

To troubleshoot:

• Unplug the power supply from the wall outlet
  • Open the panel and disconnect the internal battery
  • Leave off for at least 15 minutes
    • During this time, check to make sure wiring between the panel and power supply is correct and not disconnected
    • Make sure the outlet is not switched and that it is in good working order.
      • Test an alternate outlet
  • After power down, plug in the battery, close up the panel and reconnect the power supply to the outlet.
  • Hold the power button down for a 3-5 seconds to power up.

Does the panel power up?

For genral IQ Panel troubleshooting, Avoid initially holding the power switch for 30+ seconds as this is a Hard Reboot and should only be done as a last resort, outlined on page 159 of the installation manual.

Thanks for your reply, Tyler. The IQ Panel returned to normal operation an hour or so after my original post. It has been working fine since. Any idea what could have caused that?

There are a few things that could be potential causes: Power fluctuation from an outage, non-supported cable run, power supply issues, power supply plugged into a switched outlet that was turned off, bad outlet

• The included 7V power supply, are you able to test voltage? If so what is the result?
  • Are you using the included power cable, or a pre-existing wire run?
    • If you are using a pre-existing wire run:
      • How long is the run and what guage is the wire?

Additionally, I’m showing the panel firmware is a couple updates old, you can find steps on how to update to newer firmware, including patch notes, in the below guide:

Thanks for the info, Tyler.

Unfortunately I am not able to test the voltage. I’ll look into getting a voltage tester to verify.

I am using a run of existing line to the power supply (approximately 30-40 ft). I am unsure how to determine the gauge of the wire.

If you post a photo of the cabling with the individual conductors visible we can likely tell.

The gauge is also typically printed on the sheathing. Check for a value and “AWG” This will be 18, 22, 24, etc.

I’m not sure of the gauge. I’ve attached a few pictures. The wire has white casing containing RBGW wires.

The system has been fine for a couple of weeks, but just today started losing power (notification) for a second then re-establishing power. Maybe 6-7 times today.

Any help is much appreciated.

I’m not seeing confirmation on that section of the sheath, we would need to see the individual conductors per above to be 100% but that looks like 22/4 cable, which would be very common for existing wired systems.

If you are only using two of the four conductors that would be insufficient for power.

For 30-40 feet of 22AWG cable, you would want to double it up and use two conductors for positive, two for negative. This has the effect of increasing the size of the wiring and reducing voltage drop.