Iq Panel 2 won't update

I tried a few times to update my iqpanel 2 to version 2.7.1, but the panel says no update available. Are you able to push an update to it? Otherwise I will have to use the SD card method. This seems to have been a problem since around version 2.5.3 (I believe). I am tempted to factory default panel but not sure if it would fix the updating issue.

I would avoid factory defaulting the panel at this juncture

Some updates are via patch tag only. Steps on how to update can be found below:

Let us know ifa you have any questions

Hey Tyler. Correct when I say I try to update that is me typing the patch code and then trying to update through network. I have tried rebooting it and then entering iqpanel2.7.1 but it says no updates available. Are you able to push an update.

I am able to send 2.7.1 via ADC, I have done so at this time. Should take roughly 20 minutes over broadband.

Hey Tyler. It does not appear that the push update worked. Is their something I can check on my end on why it’s not working?

I can see that it failed on our end. Is the panel connected to local wi-fi at this time?

Yes the panel is connected to wifi.

Next step would be to disconnect from local wi-fi, forgetting the network, then reconnecting. To do so:

• Settings > Advanced Settings > Installer/Dealer Code > Wi-FI
  • Forget Network then Deactivate Wi-Fi
  • Wait a couple minutes then reconnect to the network.
  • Once reconnected to network successfully, try the patch tag again. Ensure there are not caps or spaces in the tag: iqpanel2.7.1

Update Instructions:
Compatibility Note: Your IQ Panel must be on software version 2.0.1 or higher and connected to Wi-Fi to install
this update wirelessly. Panels running 2.5.0 & 2.5.1 must be updated to 2.5.3 first, then they can be updated
directly to 2.7.1
1- Swipe down from the top of the screen and touch “Settings"
2- Touch “Advanced Settings”
3- Enter a valid installer code (default is 1111)
4- Touch “Upgrade Software”
5 -Touch “Patch Tag” and enter the patch iqpanel2.7.1 then touch OK
6- Touch “Upgrade Using Network” (panel must be connected to Wi-Fi). Update will download and install
7- Once complete touch “OK” to reboot the panel. DO NOT TOUCH THE SCREEN. The update process will
take approximately 5 minutes. After the panel reboots the home screen will appear and the LED will turn green.

Still says no update available. I tried iqpanel2.7.0 just to see and it took a few minutes then came back with system up to date. I guess tomorrow I will try the SD card. This is getting annoying that over the air updates are not working.

I can confirm that iqpanel2.7.1 patch tag works for me updating a panel right now.

If you are unable to do so, yes, try the SD card steps. Those have been added with the download link in the firmware instructions page:

Jason, the SD card worked flawlessly. I guess this is how I have to upgrade my system now, this is my 3rd or 4th time having to do it through the SD card. Not sure what happened with why the panel will not do over the updates via patch code.

Next time if you have an issue with firmware download, check your log level and try setting it to Verbose. To do this go to Settings/Advanced Settings/Installation/System Logs. Then change the log level to Verbose and see if that has an effect. This was a requirement on a prior firmware version.

1 Like