IQ Panel 2 - Activation & Cellular Test

Hello,

Can someone help or answer these questions, please? I have signed up for monitoring service with Surety, but the panel show no cellular signal and not able to see that it’s connected with all contacts. The Celluar signal test is timing out. So I assume, the monitoring station is not getting any signals from my home to monitor.

Thanks

Im seeing that your panel did run a successful cell test, but that the cellular connection may be down at the moment.

To troubleshoot, you will want to completely power down the panel for a full 2 minutes to allow the system to reconnect to the cell tower.

To do so, at the panel navigate to:

• Settings
  • Advanced Settings (Enter Master or Installer Code)
  • Power Down

Once the panel is off, unplug the power supply, open the panel and disconnect the internal battery.

Leave the system completely powered down for a full two minutes.

Then power the panel back up battery first, followed by the power supply.

Lastly, reboot the panel and try again. Any change?

You can test to make sure signals are being received with the monitoring station by reaching out to operators directly at 855-348-0367.

Thank you. It worked.

One more issue noticed. If arm as away, changing to STAY after a min later.

Can you pls help?

Thanks

That’s normal with Auto Stay enabled.

Auto Stay will revert to Stay mode arming if you arm away but no entry/exit doors are opened during the countdown.

You can disable that setting in programming. Settings > Advanced Settings > Installation > Security and Arming > Auto Stay.

OK, but if it reverts to STAY mode when we are AWAY, the motion detector won’t be active/motion doesn’t defect anything. Am I right?

One other observation - When we open a door after arming, it doesn’t show me any count down and also, doesn’t beep as well. Is there any setting change again?

Thanks

if it reverts to STAY mode when we are AWAY, the motion detector won’t be active/motion doesn’t defect anything. Am I right?

If the Motion is programmed as Group 17 Away- Instant Motion It will only be Active when armed to “Away”, and trips instantly when motion is detected.

When we open a door after arming, it doesn’t show me any count down and also, doesn’t beep as well. Is there any setting change again?

How are you arming, locally or via the app? It is possible to silent arm from the Alarm.com mobile app or website.

1. Yes, it’s programmed for Group 17. I think am good here.

2. I don’t see count down or any beeps when locally disarm after entering into the house.

Thanks

I don’t see count down or any beeps when locally disarm after entering into the house.

Does this happen with all sensors, or just one specific sensor?

When Arming the system and triggering a sensor, does anything happen at the panel?

Is this in stay or away mode?

• What door sensor are you triggering, what is its name in programming? If the sensor is tripped while the system is disarmed, does it report status to the panel?
    • If the sensor is not reporting any status at the panel, check to make sure it is learned in correctly.

If you are not hearing any chimes, make sure the volume is on at the panel.

• Volume settings can be found in Settings > Advanced Settings > Sound.
  • Check to make sure the sensor has chimes selected as well in programming
    • Chime Type and Voice Prompts can be chosen for each sensor.

I checked with Entry door sensor, but not all sensors. The panel is right next to entry door for easy access. As soon as I opened the door by entering to the house, I went to the panel to disarm, and noticed that it’s showing as STAY but no chime or countdowns (nothing is happening). It was in STAY because of the first issue that I have reported (even though I arm for AWAY, was changing to STAY after a min).

The door sensor programmed as “10-Entry-Exit-Normal-Delay”

Thanks
Chanda

What is the name of the sensor as it is programmed?

If you trip this sensor while the panel is disarmed, does the sensor status report to the panel?

It’s programmed as Garage Door.

That’s a great question. I forgot to check. It’s not reporting on the panel if I trip the sensor. Also to note that I don’t hear voice prompt also when the door is opened and closed. It used to notify with voice prompt and used to see the status on the panel before signing up Surety. I think something has changed and I looked at all configurations. Is there anything that I should be looking for?

Thanks

It’s not reporting on the panel if I trip the sensor.

The sensor labelled Garage Door appears to be programmed correctly as a Group 10 Entry/Exit Normal Delay. You will want to check to see if the Sensor ID in panel programming for the Garage Door is the same as what is printed on the sensor itself.

If the sensor IDs are the same, then it should be working. Try removing it from programming and re-adding it using Auto Learn Mode. Does that sensor auto learn in and do the Sensor IDs match?

I deleted the sensor and re-add it manually as Auto Learn didn’t work. Now it’s reporting on panel. However, the initial issue still being noticed: It turns into Arm Stay in few seconds after arming as Away. Any other settings I should be looking for?

Thanks

That means you still have Auto Stay enabled.

Auto Stay will revert to Stay mode arming if you arm away but no entry/exit doors are opened during the countdown.

You can disable Auto-Stay in programming. Settings > Advanced Settings > Installation > Security and Arming > Auto Stay.

Yes, the Auto Stay is enabled. However, when I ARM Away we are opening the delay door (Garage Door) to exit the home but seems like it was not recognizing that we opened delay door, which we have fixed it by reprogramming the garage door sensor. I see that it’s posting on the panel when we opened the door. Before I remove auto stay, is there anything else I have to do to configure the garage door sensor as a “delay door”? Currently, it’s programmed as “10-Entry-Exit-Normal-Delay”.

Thanks

Before I remove auto stay, is there anything else I have to do to configure the garage door sensor as a “delay door”? Currently, it’s programmed as “10-Entry-Exit-Normal-Delay”.

No, that is all that would be needed. After disabling Auto-Stay it should work as expected.