IQ Flood Detector going offline

Hi,

I have been getting more frequent message about of one our floor detector in the laundry room going offline and combing back online lately. I thought it could be a battery issue and meant to replace it. I eventually got around replacing the two batteries last night hoping that would resolve the issue.
This morning I got the same offline message again.
Can you help troubleshoot this?

I have another floor detector by the water heater which has a history of going offline and coming back online also in the past.

Thank you

Offline is a common status and has a variety of potential causes.

Given the locations of the sensors you are referencing, the first thing I would consider is attenuation caused by nearby metal. What are those sensors attached to? Are they near large metal objects?

Offline status troubleshooting is found below:

One is right next to the washer and the other is right next to the water heater for obvious reasons. How far should they be away from them?

The probe should be where it needs to go, and can be close to metal. The sensor transmitter cannot be behind or too close to large metal objects. There will be some attenuation due to the nearby presence of the washer and water heater regardless, but you can mitigate it by positioning the transmitter as far away from the metal as you can.

If you would like to post/pm a photo we can provide recommendations.

I moved the transmitter little away from the washer which has resolved the issue so far even with the original batteries. Thank you!

Hi,
The flood detector in the laundry room going offline and coming back online problem resurfaced. It has been happening quite frequently lately.
I have attached a photo of how the transmitter is placed. Do you have any other advice?
Thank you.

If you swap the locations of the two flood sensors, does the other one have the same problem installed in this spot?

Do you have any other sensors experiencing frequent offline status?