IQ 2 Plus Partition Control

Set up is IQ 2 Plus
House and Garage have sensors .

My goal is to have two partitions, Garage & House. Place a keypad in the garage that allows disarming of only the garage. Can I do this with a DSC Power G keypad or does it need to be a IQ Remote?

Am I able to disarm both partitions with one disarm action from the house IQ 2 plus or does it require disarming each partition individually?

The keypad (either a Power G one or an IQ Remote) would be assigned to a partition in programming when learning it in, and it would then control that partition.

On the primary panel when arming you can select to arm multiple partitions at one time.

When disarming you would need to disarm each partition individually from the panel.

Note that when setting up a second partition, a secondary siren like the PG9901 would be needed as partition 2-4 do not activate the main siren.

Can I have a Z-Wave plug be activated during an alarm event? Example being I want a very loud hardwired siren, (it’s a remote area) that the Z-wave plug would provide power to the transformer.

I know there’s the Qolsys 16F which supports a hardwired siren, but I don’t need hardwired zones.

With the power G siren PG9901, do I have access to control any of the config. Setting noted in the install manual? Specifically the sounded volume. https://cms.dsc.com/download.php?t=1&id=23275

Can I have a Z-Wave plug be activated during an alarm event?

With a hardwired piezo siren, you can plug that into a Z-Wave switch and then create an Event Triggered Rule via the Automation tab in Alarm.com to trigger the switch during an alarm event. So long as the siren activates when power is applied, this would work.

With the power G siren PG9901, do I have access to control any of the config. Setting noted in the install manual? Specifically the sounded volume. https://cms.dsc.com/download.php?t=1&id=23275

The panel supports chime, entry/exit beep capability and volume adjustment (Low, Medium, High) to PowerG indoor & outdoor sirens (PG9901 & PG9911) as of firmware 2.4.0 . This wouldn’t extend to voice announcements.

I have the power G exterior siren, but didn’t see the settings for those parameters. Where in the installer menu is this?

All configuration options are set in sensor programming. Go to Settings > Advanced Settings > Installation > Devices > Security Sensors > Edit Sensor.

Can I create an Event Triggered Rule for Z-Wave directly on the IQ2 panel?

My monitoring plan does not include remote Z-wave automation.

There are some basic options available for Z-wave lights under Settings > Advanced Settings > Automation.

You my need to enable this in Settings > Advanced Settings > Installation > Devices > Z-wave > Z-wave Settings.

All I have is

Settings > advanced settings > local automation. Which has present on / off settings for all Z wave decide.

Is there a way to change the device type to siren? It’s an outlet that will trigger hard wired siren.

There’s also an association mode

You would need to use the installer code when entering programming to see those options you are missing. Under the automation button you can associate Z-Wave lights with sensors.

As for for the Z-Wave device type, that is brought over during the pairing process and cannot be changed.

I have used both installer and dealer code. Same result. There’s no way to create specific rules.

Will I have to do this on alarm.com

In general yes, the vast majority of rule creation options require Alarm.com and a plan that supports Automation. Some panel types have some simple automation options.

On the IQ Panel 2+, it is actually just under Settings > Automation, not under Advanced Settings, apologies. But I believe you can only set one behavior per device, and there are no conditionals. It is extremely simplified.

Alarm.com provides much more robust rules creation and allows you to manage them remotely.