Installing MyQ Garage

Hello,

Recently I moved to a new house and while trying to start fresh by adding the hub (MyQ) I get this message:

“There was an error while registering your LiftMaster MyQ Gateway. Please ensure that you have entered the correct serial number and then contact us for assistance.”

I would like to note that the hub is currently connected to my Wifi (I Have a steady green light) and would like some assistance trying to make this work. Thank you.

This is the product I have
MyQ Garage Universal Remote

Looks like this one has been added and removed a couple times. Did you try again after posting? I see a hub with the same serial as the one removed being learned in currently.

Is the hub showing as connected on your end?

Correc Jason, it had been added and removed several times, the hubs currently shows a steady green light at the moment. I haven’t try since the first post and what the alarm web shows me now are 3 options:

1- MyQ Wall Control which I dont have
2- MyQ Enable Garage deoor opener Which I dont have either, I have a craftsman kinda a bit old opener
3- Non-MyQ Enabled garage door opener

Now for #3 I tried yesterday adding the device that goes with the Hub but couldn’t do it either.

ETA: I am not able to see the HUB on my end, so that’s why I cant tell if it did get added it to the account. Did it get added?

Now for #3 I tried yesterday adding the device that goes with the Hub but couldn’t do it either.

ETA: I am not able to see the HUB on my end, so that’s why I cant tell if it did get added it to the account. Did it get added?

If you are using the wifi hub, and it shows you an option to pick which type of garage door you are adding, you are at the right step and you have a valid hub learned in.

Select #3 for this purpose if you are using the door sensors and a non-MyQ overhead controller.

You would want to follow the prompts to learn in the sensors, then the garage overhead controller you want associated with the sensor.

When you were trying previously, at what step did the process fail? any error messages?

Previously I had selected the #3 option and chose my opener and color of button, then When I went ahead and tried to add the door sensor that comes with the Hub and it just stood on “waiting for device”… I press the button several times like the instructions but nothing, like 20 minutres passed and nothing.

Previously I had selected the #3 option and chose my opener and color of button, then When I went ahead and tried to add the door sensor that comes with the Hub and it just stood on “waiting for device”

Did the LED on the Door sensor flash during the process? have you checked the batteries on the door sensors?

Yes, but hold on I think I figured out, give a few to post it so that it could help others. I believe I got the solution.

Ok got it working, here it goes:

• After you add the HUB you are going to have the 3 options.
  • Select the 3rd option for non MyQ stuff
  • Then in HUB, you are going to see 3 buttons, the “Settings” , the “1” for the first garage door and the “2” for the second garage door (whatever applies to you) so for me I only need one for 1 garage, so I press the “1” then a yellow light will turn steady in the hub.
  • Then go to the door sensor and press the button, the sensor will blink yellow, then Hit your garage door learn button and a few seconds later you will hear the HUB sound acknowledging the door sensor.
  • Go back to the computer and in Alarm.com website the page will refresh and tell you to go back to the garage opener and hit the LEARN button, then come back to the computer to acknowledge that you did pressed it (It will tell you something like " go press the learn button and come back" and then it will warn you that it has to “test” closing the door, so then , you hit the button on the website to send the command and it will refresh your account with the new garage added.

This is what worked for me so hopefully it will help others.

Jason, thank you so much for keeping up with me, you did an excellent job also at directing me to the appropriate area which helped me figure it out.