Installing GC3: Sequence of Events

Following this instructions I’d like to better understand at which point “it’s real”: i.e. if I do anything wrong or the sensor goes off, central station calls me / dispatches the authorities.

1. How do I make sure that anything I do is in the test mode (not for 30 minutes, but until I say it is not), so I can experiment with the system?

2. In the email it says that “your central station account is currently on test, scheduled to end on 6/13/16”, but the package arrived in “September 2016”, does it mean once I connect the battery, I should expect someone knocking on my door?

Per the welcome email you can contact the central station 24/7 to check signals, place account on test, or remove from test mode. If on test with the central station, no dispatch would occur.

Sounds like a typo if that was the listed date and this is a new account. New accounts are on test for seven days following activation (and can be removed from test early at any time by contacting the central station)

1. Just to confirm: in 7 days after the welcome email the account is fully activated and the “real deal” is in place, right?

2. In case central station needs to give me a call, what is the sequence of events:

2.1 I have a “location phone number” and “location password”: will this be the number they dial?

2.2 I have “Alarm Contact 1” and “Alarm Contact 2”, will they call both numbers in case the main number does not work?

3. What is the difference between: “Verbal Administration Password” and “Location Password”?

Just to confirm: in 7 days after the welcome email the account is fully activated and the “real deal” is in place, right?

Test mode will automatically expire, yes. Contact the central station at any time to extend the test or remove the system from test. Users can place systems on test for up to 72 hours at a time.

You can verify with the central station the exact time when test mode will expire.

The default central station procedure is determined by the signal received. You can see the default procedure here.

Your administration password is used with our customer service team to make account or service plan changes for verification purposes.

Your location password and contact passwords are for use with the central station when operators contact you in the event of an alarm, or to place your account on test.

almost got it. still a question about passwords. so far there are 5 sets of creds in the whole process:

username / password for the forum
username / password for alarm dot com
username / password for suretydiy “customer service team”
username / password for the central station
username / password for my contact for the central station

there is another glitch: I can’t use a password (or it must be a password number 6) to login to alarm dot com via suretydiy ( https://suretyhome.com/alarm ). I can by just going to alarm dot com directly [which does show surityCAM logo].

So here are a couple more questions:

1. Where do I use my “administration password”, are you guys going to call me whenever… ?

2. I understand that the difference from forum vs. official creds is on me, since I’d rather stick to the creds that I created before buying the service, but why would “https://suretyhome.com/alarm” creds be different from alarm dot com? [my account got locked out several times before I figured out these are different creds]

You will have the following:

Login credentials for suretyDIY. (forum/billing)

Login credentials for Alarm.com. (Can be used here as well.

Passcodes for use with the central station.

Administration passcode (which you might have set up as the same or different from others) which is only used to confirm account change requests etc. through our customer service team. Alternatively you can send a secure message which already identifies your request.

but why would “https://suretyhome.com/alarm” creds be different from alarm dot com?

They are not. This login and this login use the same identical credentials. You can get locked out if there are too many failed attempts.

thanks, it clears it up.

the difference between alarm dot com and “https://suretyhome.com/alarm” could be attributed with the password change after the first time login.