Images Sensor caused cell module to stop communicating

There are a handful of things that could be causing the issue.

1. Configuration problem. - This shouldn’t be an issue because I’ve checked and double checked to make sure the configuration is correct and the rules were confirmed.

2. Communication problem between the panel and Alarm.com. - This shouldn’t be an issue because commands sent to the panel from us are being acknowledged very quickly. That being said, you do have a 2G module in the panel. According the Alarm.com that shouldn’t cause a problem because the packets of information being sent by the image sensor aren’t that big, but it’s still something to keep in mind.

3. Communication between the image sensor and the tranceiver. - The tech I spoke with ran some reports and noticed a large number of communication errors and information loss between the Image Sensor and the panel. How far away from the panel is your image sensor? Is there a lot of brick and/or metal between the panel and the image sensor?

To answer your battery question, according to Alarm.com having the incorrect batteries installed may cause a problem. However, I’m not entirely convinced of that. Your image sensor is reporting that it has the correct amount of power.

Replace batteries with two lithium AA’s. (Voltage on panel for image sensors should show 3.4v)

Have suretycam push through for the panel to see lithium.

For more info, see:

As for image capture, use the installer test mode:
http://www.2gigforum.com/threads/9-ADC-2GIG-Image-Sensor-quot-Request-Authorization-Code-quot

The image sensor is sitting next to the panel and about 2 foot away. I’ll try new batteries this evening and then go from there. It could be the image sensor after all, just don’t know for sure yet.

Mack

I updated post above, see method for installer test image capture

I have installed a new set of lithium batteries and re-learned the image sensor. Can someone, as Rive indicated, push the info with lithium batteries?

Thanks

Everything is operational at this time with the image sensor uploading properly. Thanks all for the help. Mack

Glad we could finally get things worked out for you. These image sensors can be a real pain sometimes.

The take-a-ways from this are, batteries are critical in the image sensor, the internal antenna of the sensor can be re-positioned to give better communications and the push by Suretycam is important.

I’m not sure that the original transceiver was at fault but will be sending it back without further testing as “why mess with something that is working.”

Years ago when I was working on a high speed bit-slice processor, we noted that component location and printed circuit runs were critical to operations and a minor change, 1/1000th of an inch, could make a major difference. Someone might want to talk to alarm.com about this as the biggest improvement I saw occurred when the antenna was slightly moved.

I’ll pass that along to the people working on how to improve the image sensor. Thanks!