Image sensor sensitivity

The numbers on the bracket are misleading. I think they refer to a (recommended) mounting height for that angle to work properly. Jason is talking about the degrees of orientation from vertical that the sensor is tilted regardless of the height.

I have 9 ft ceilings and with the open floorpan the 6 deg setting gives me better reach out into the space.

Greatroom 1

The one on the foyer is mounted at the 18 deg setting since the space is smaller and I’m looking for the downward angle to cover the door.

Entry

They’re both mounted at 8 feet from the floor. I could mount the one in the foyer lower I suppose but that would look funny and be easier to get to if someone didn’t like being on camera lol.

Yes i get that now. There are only two recommended settings for the IS (at 8’ and at 6’). I didn’t see the “°”

Your image looks to be at a distance of like 10’ or less… which doesn’t help me (you can’t set it to HIGH sensitivity anyways. Try it at 30’ (NORMAL) on test (not peak in). Do not come closer than 30’

Yes, but at a shallow angle. You will see reduced range with the IS mounted at 18 degrees.

Using trig an angle of 18 degrees at 8 feet will place the central focal point roughly 25 feet away. Detection beams would be angled down another few degrees beyond that, so 20 give or take a couple feet would make sense if my math is right.

Well 20’ is no good. What is the optimal height in feet, and bracket setting (6’?) for the IS to be at for it to fully cover/detect at distance of 35’ (high sensitivity)?

6’ off ground, and with bracket at 6’ angle?.. to get proper lenses coverage of 35’ on HIGH?

obtain the full 35’ x 40’ coverage area, the sensor should be mounted at a 6˚ downward angle.

Yes, you’d certainly get reduced range with the 18 deg vs the 6 deg setting. Geometry and stuff lol.

No need to up the sensitivity on the entry door, it works very well. The great room though I’ll ask Surety to up that and then test for falsing and range with the cats and dog.

8 feet at 6 degrees would provide maximum coverage from the sensor. 6 feet at 6 degrees should still get you over 30 feet. You can also mount the detector flat against a surface without using the mounting arm - this provides a middle ground 12 degree option. That doesn’t work for corners though.

8’ @6 is no good. It created nearly a 10’ blind spot underneath. Nearly half the lense area is the ceiling. A normal PIR1 only has a 5’ blind spot

Perhaps I’ll lower this thing to 6’, but that seems so very low

Did you test that blind spot or are you going by Image? Keep in mind the camera does not see everything that the detector sees. The sensor vertical angle goes below that of the visible lens. It should still be roughly 5 feet under the IS of blind space.

The visible blind spot is tough to get around. Can you try at around 6 or 7 feet?