Image sensor: plan and function

I have Qolsys IQ Panel 2+ with Power G door/window sensors and a DSC PG9934P image sensor apparently successfully installed and tested. Two associated questions:

1. I don’t see the expected image sensor functionality (peek-in, uploaded panel camera images) from my alarm.com account. To check, what plan would I need to self-monitor with support for DSC PG9934P image sensor? I’m trying to stick with an image sensor, without video cameras.

2. When I look at the sensor groups available for image sensors, they all say in the armed states: “Does not trip if an entry/exit sensor is tripped first.” I’m hoping to use the image sensor as visual verification for intrusion. So if an intruder activates a door/window sensor and then enters the area covered by the image sensor, would no image be taken?

Thanks for any clarification!

Hi! Surety Home or Surety Complete would be required for full Image Sensor rules, background capture, peek-ins etc. The Surety Alarm plan only supports alarm related image capture.

If you need to update your service plan, you can do so at any time in our System Manager.

When I look at the sensor groups available for image sensors, they all say in the armed states: “Does not trip if an entry/exit sensor is tripped first.”

This is standard operation for any sensor programmed as an interior follower (motion detectors, mainly)

This just means that during entry delay, this sensor will not generate an alarm, allowing a user to walk past and disarm the system.

If no disarm occurs and the alarm goes off after the delay, this sensor would generate signals and captures normally.

Thank you Jason! May I suggest the plan descriptions make image sensor support more explicit? I’m happy to see that apparently I don’t need to upgrade to a plan with full video camera support in order to enable full image sensor functionality, but this does not seem obvious from the list of supported features in the plans.

Thank you for the feedback, I agree that the Image Sensor support should be differentiated on our plans page. I’ll have our team look into this. Alarm.com used to not include Image Sensor support at all in the basic service plan, so this has adapted over time. But I think we can certainly clarify the currently supported options on the plans page!

1 Like