How to Switch to Surety Alarm.com Monitoring Services

Surety is a DIY, Alarm.com service provider. Security monitoring service through Surety requires:

• An Alarm.com compatible panel
  • With an unregistered, 4G LTE cellular module.
    • Modules are registered when they are tied to an existing account.
    • Typically, cancelling service unregisters the module. Any existing Alarm.com account must be cancelled before activation.

A list of Alarm.com compatible panels that can be used through Surety can be found here:

I have compatible equipment not tied to existing Alarm.com service

If you already have equipment, you can check the status of your cellular module via our Module Check Tool to determine if your system is eligible for service.

If you aren’t sure if you have a 3G or 4G LTE module installed, refer to this guide here.

You can purchase a new service plan to get started. Plan pricing and features can be found here. As service is offered on a month to month basis, plans can be changed at any time.

As long as you have an unregistered 4G LTE module installed, it takes about 5 minutes to go from plan purchase to creating the new Alarm.com account and getting connected. Account setup is done through the Surety website.

Getting Started with a 2GIG Go!Control and 2GIG GC2

Getting Started with a 2GIG GC3

I have existing Alarm.com service and I want to transfer to Surety

It may be possible to have your existing Alarm.com account transferred to Surety. Not all service providers support account transfers, you will want to find out from your current service provider if they will support it.

If they do, follow the steps on transferring your account via this page here.

Transferring will allow you to keep your current Alarm.com account settings (rules, scenes, notifications, etc.). This will also allow you to continue using a 3G module if that is installed in your panel, up until the sunset date.

I have a system that is not Alarm.com compatible, what do I do?

There are a variety on non Alarm.com compatible systems out there. Many of them use proprietary signal frequencies and equipment.

If the panel you possess is not on this list here then at the very least your panel needs to be replaced but likely wireless sensors need to be replaced as well. Typically, Z-Wave devices (Lights, Locks, TSTATs, Switches, etc) can be reused.

Vivint

Digital Life